Re: Unicode conversion

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2009

      > I have received a text file in Unicode 16 format. It uses single
      > character fractions for 1/3, 2/3. Although NTP appears to be able
      > to successfully open this file and display it correctly, those
      > characters that are not directly supported in most Windows
      > formats are converted to question marks. Is there a way around
      > this? I could always convert the fractions afterwards to three
      > character fractions, if I could display them upon opening the
      > file. I can provide a sample, if needed.

      Go ahead and zip up a sample to the files area, I'll have a look.

      Regards,
      Sheri
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2009
        I uploaded a very small sample file with the high order fractions in it, into a John Shotsky’s Stuff folder in the
        files section.

        The file can be successfully opened in Word, Wordpad, Open Office Writer, and another text editor, EditPad Lite.
        However, NoteTab substitutes question marks for the fractions. These fractions are present in Courier New font, which
        I’m using, but NTP doesn’t seem to match them.

        My goal is simply to be able to search and replace the single character fractions with three character fractions, such
        as ⅓ to 1/3. (Unicode character = U+2153). I don’t know if I can search on the Unicode character to replace them
        when a question mark is in place.

        Thanks,
        John

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2009
          John Shotsky wrote:
          > I uploaded a very small sample file with the high order fractions in it, into a John Shotsky¡¯s Stuff folder in the
          > files section.

          Answered on the clips list.

          Regards,
          Sheri