Scroll list of outline headings

  • orkgandalf
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2009
      I have an .otl file with a long list of headings. My mouse scroll wheel does not scroll when it's positioned over the list of headings, instead, it only scrolls the text on the right side, even when it's over the list.
      I'm using Windows 7 with Notetab Sdt 6.12.

      Have any one of you experimented this? Let me know. Thanks.

      Ork
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2009
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "orkgandalf" <orkgandalf@...> wrote:

        > I have an .otl file with a long list of headings. My mouse scroll
        > wheel does not scroll when it's positioned over the list of
        > headings, instead, it only scrolls the text on the right side,
        > even when it's over the list. I'm using Windows 7 with Notetab
        > Sdt 6.12.
        >
        > Have any one of you experimented this? Let me know. Thanks.

        This issue comes up from time to time. We are told it is normal behavior for a Delphi app. The mouse only scrolls the currently active pane. You can click in the the heading pane to make it active and then it will scroll. As I recall you, can use Katmouse or Mousewiz utilities to overcome it.

        Regards,
        Sheri
      • orkgandalf
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2009
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

          > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "orkgandalf" <orkgandalf@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have an .otl file with a long list of headings. My mouse scroll
          > > wheel does not scroll when it's positioned over the list of
          > > headings, instead, it only scrolls the text on the right side,
          > > even when it's over the list. I'm using Windows 7 with Notetab
          > > Sdt 6.12.
          > >
          > > Have any one of you experimented this? Let me know. Thanks.
          > >

          > This issue comes up from time to time. We are told it is normal behavior for a Delphi app. The mouse only scrolls the currently active pane. You can click in the the heading pane to make it active and then it will scroll. As I recall you, can use Katmouse or Mousewiz utilities to overcome it.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Sheri

          Yeah, I took a look at this katmouse tool but gave up at the last minute as I didn't want to install something to interact with the zillion scrollable windows on my system just because of a half of one.
          You mentioned it should scroll after clicking on the heading pane but that does not happen, even doing that, the text screen continues do receive the scroll action.
          One new info on this is that - noted yesterday only - it works with the touchpad of Lenovo T400, but not with any mouse.

          Thanks anyway. That will not make me less happy with notetab.

          Ork
        • larry
          Message 4 of 7 , May 9 4:32 PM
            I replaced my notepad with Notetab but my scroll wheel now doesnt scroll text! I have to go to the scroll bar on the right. It won't work with Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000?

            I use scroll wheel constantly and need its use.

            Thanks, larry
          • Scott Fordin
            Message 5 of 7 , May 10 7:41 AM
              Someone else correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'd be really surprised
              if Notetab is the culprit here. Does scrolling still work with other
              programs?

              Scott

              larry wrote:

              > I replaced my notepad with Notetab but my scroll wheel now doesnt scroll
              > text! I have to go to the scroll bar on the right. It won't work with
              > Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000?
              >
              > I use scroll wheel constantly and need its use.
              >
              > Thanks, larry

            • John Shotsky
              Message 6 of 7 , May 10 7:56 AM
                I use my scroll wheel constantly in NoteTab. It scrolls whatever is focused. If Vista or Win 7, you
                might need to set up NoteTab to always run as administrator. I automatically do that for all my
                programs, since administrator accounts in Vista and Win 7 are not 'full' administrators as they are
                in XP. Right click the icon, choose Properties, compatibility, and check the always run this program
                as an administrator checkbox.

                Regards,
                John

                larry wrote:

                > I replaced my notepad with Notetab but my scroll wheel now doesnt scroll
                > text! I have to go to the scroll bar on the right. It won't work with
                > Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000?
                >
                > I use scroll wheel constantly and need its use.
                >
                > Thanks, larry

              • Scott Fordin
                Message 7 of 7 , May 10 8:06 AM
                  FWIW, I also use my scroll wheel in Notetab in Vista (32-bit) without
                  any issues. However, I don't need to run it as Administrator for the
                  scroll wheel to work. I installed Notetab as Administrator -- I install
                  pretty much everything in Vista as Administrator (misbegotten UAC) --
                  but I run it as a regular user. You might want to try reinstalling your
                  mouse drivers.

                  Scott