RE: [NTB] Search Disk

  • Praising Jesus
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 1 9:33 AM
      Well, that was some help - I found it - a little more obscure:

      J:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\NoteTab Pro\Favorites

      Now I have to figure out why none of the desktop search engines found it ;-)

      Thank you. Now you folks say this is limited to files with less than 65
      items, correct?

      ---Mike

      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 1 1:08 PM
        Praising Jesus (1611kjb@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-07-01 at
        12:33):

        > Well, that was some help - I found it - a little more obscure:
        >
        > J:\Users\Mike\
        >
        > AppData\Roaming\NoteTab Pro\Favorites
        >
        > Now I have to figure out why none of the desktop search engines found
        > it ;-)

        Earlier ...
        > I don't "keep" them anywhere - they go wherever they go by default. Is
        > there
        > a configurable option where they should be saved? I have tried Google
        > Desktop, Windows Search and Windows Search Companion and the file doesn't
        > seem to reside on my hard drive.
        <Aside> I suggest (free) Everything http://www.voidtools.com/ - it won't
        do context indexing but indexes file names instantly (on the fly as they
        are as added/deleted) and can be used as a pseudo-explorer (you can
        drag-drop or right-click drag-drop to another folder in Windows Explorer
        (or even one that Everything itself is displaying which also meets its
        current filter conditions) and with full right-click access to normal
        Explorer context menu. For example - if you rename a file in Windows
        Explorer and have it visible in Everything you can see its name change
        instantly.

        If nothing else you should be able to use it to resolve issues wrt to
        which files your other indexers see. (In options-exclude you can if
        desired exclude certain devices/folders etc and include/exclude hidden
        and system files. </Aside>
        > Thank you. Now you folks say this is limited to files with less than 65
        > items, correct?

        Can't help you there but if Lotta and others says it you can probably
        put it in the bank :-)

      • Praising Jesus
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 3 7:05 AM
          That's perfect! I've been looking for such a too, since WindowsXP came out.
          Thank you.

          --Mike

          > Well, that was some help - I found it - a little more obscure:
          >
          > J:\Users\Mike\
          >
          > AppData\Roaming\NoteTab Pro\Favorites
          >
          > Now I have to figure out why none of the desktop search engines found
          > it ;-)

          Earlier ...