RE: [NTB] Search Disk

  • loro
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 1 9:00 AM
      Praising Jesus wrote:
      >I don't "keep" them anywhere - they go wherever they go by default. Is there
      >a configurable option where they should be saved? I have tried Google
      >Desktop, Windows Search and Windows Search Companion and the file doesn't
      >seem to reside on my hard drive.

      Then I think everything should be in Application Data. Do you find
      the favorites folder there? It should be something like
      C:\Documents and Settings\YOU\Application Data\Notetab Pro\Favorites\

      Do you use Light by any chance? I just tried with Light and I can't
      find "Search Disk.fvr" either. I thought this was supported by all
      versions, but maybe it isn't. Anyone else knows?

      Lotta
    • Praising Jesus
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 1 9:33 AM
        Well, that was some help - I found it - a little more obscure:

        J:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\NoteTab Pro\Favorites

        Now I have to figure out why none of the desktop search engines found it ;-)

        Thank you. Now you folks say this is limited to files with less than 65
        items, correct?

        ---Mike

        >I don't "keep" them anywhere - they go wherever they go by default. Is
        there
        >a configurable option where they should be saved? I have tried Google
        >Desktop, Windows Search and Windows Search Companion and the file doesn't
        >seem to reside on my hard drive.

        Then I think everything should be in Application Data. Do you find
        the favorites folder there? It should be something like
        C:\Documents and Settings\YOU\Application Data\Notetab Pro\Favorites\

        Do you use Light by any chance? I just tried with Light and I can't
        find "Search Disk.fvr" either. I thought this was supported by all
        versions, but maybe it isn't. Anyone else knows?

        Lotta

      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 1 1:08 PM
          Praising Jesus (1611kjb@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-07-01 at
          12:33):

          > Well, that was some help - I found it - a little more obscure:
          >
          > J:\Users\Mike\
          >
          > AppData\Roaming\NoteTab Pro\Favorites
          >
          > Now I have to figure out why none of the desktop search engines found
          > it ;-)

          Earlier ...
          > I don't "keep" them anywhere - they go wherever they go by default. Is
          > there
          > a configurable option where they should be saved? I have tried Google
          > Desktop, Windows Search and Windows Search Companion and the file doesn't
          > seem to reside on my hard drive.
          <Aside> I suggest (free) Everything http://www.voidtools.com/ - it won't
          do context indexing but indexes file names instantly (on the fly as they
          are as added/deleted) and can be used as a pseudo-explorer (you can
          drag-drop or right-click drag-drop to another folder in Windows Explorer
          (or even one that Everything itself is displaying which also meets its
          current filter conditions) and with full right-click access to normal
          Explorer context menu. For example - if you rename a file in Windows
          Explorer and have it visible in Everything you can see its name change
          instantly.

          If nothing else you should be able to use it to resolve issues wrt to
          which files your other indexers see. (In options-exclude you can if
          desired exclude certain devices/folders etc and include/exclude hidden
          and system files. </Aside>
          > Thank you. Now you folks say this is limited to files with less than 65
          > items, correct?

          Can't help you there but if Lotta and others says it you can probably
          put it in the bank :-)

        • Praising Jesus
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 3 7:05 AM
            That's perfect! I've been looking for such a too, since WindowsXP came out.
            Thank you.

            --Mike

            > Well, that was some help - I found it - a little more obscure:
            >
            > J:\Users\Mike\
            >
            > AppData\Roaming\NoteTab Pro\Favorites
            >
            > Now I have to figure out why none of the desktop search engines found
            > it ;-)

            Earlier ...