RE: [NTB] Search Disk

  • Praising Jesus
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 1, 2009
      I don't "keep" them anywhere - they go wherever they go by default. Is there
      a configurable option where they should be saved? I have tried Google
      Desktop, Windows Search and Windows Search Companion and the file doesn't
      seem to reside on my hard drive.

      ---Mike

      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 1, 2009
        Praising Jesus wrote:
        >I don't "keep" them anywhere - they go wherever they go by default. Is there
        >a configurable option where they should be saved? I have tried Google
        >Desktop, Windows Search and Windows Search Companion and the file doesn't
        >seem to reside on my hard drive.

        Then I think everything should be in Application Data. Do you find
        the favorites folder there? It should be something like
        C:\Documents and Settings\YOU\Application Data\Notetab Pro\Favorites\

        Do you use Light by any chance? I just tried with Light and I can't
        find "Search Disk.fvr" either. I thought this was supported by all
        versions, but maybe it isn't. Anyone else knows?

        Lotta
      • Praising Jesus
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 1, 2009
          Well, that was some help - I found it - a little more obscure:

          J:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\NoteTab Pro\Favorites

          Now I have to figure out why none of the desktop search engines found it ;-)

          Thank you. Now you folks say this is limited to files with less than 65
          items, correct?

          ---Mike

          >I don't "keep" them anywhere - they go wherever they go by default. Is
          there
          >a configurable option where they should be saved? I have tried Google
          >Desktop, Windows Search and Windows Search Companion and the file doesn't
          >seem to reside on my hard drive.

          Then I think everything should be in Application Data. Do you find
          the favorites folder there? It should be something like
          C:\Documents and Settings\YOU\Application Data\Notetab Pro\Favorites\

          Do you use Light by any chance? I just tried with Light and I can't
          find "Search Disk.fvr" either. I thought this was supported by all
          versions, but maybe it isn't. Anyone else knows?

          Lotta

        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 1, 2009
            Praising Jesus (1611kjb@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-07-01 at
            12:33):

            > Well, that was some help - I found it - a little more obscure:
            >
            > J:\Users\Mike\
            >
            > AppData\Roaming\NoteTab Pro\Favorites
            >
            > Now I have to figure out why none of the desktop search engines found
            > it ;-)

            Earlier ...
            > I don't "keep" them anywhere - they go wherever they go by default. Is
            > there
            > a configurable option where they should be saved? I have tried Google
            > Desktop, Windows Search and Windows Search Companion and the file doesn't
            > seem to reside on my hard drive.
            <Aside> I suggest (free) Everything http://www.voidtools.com/ - it won't
            do context indexing but indexes file names instantly (on the fly as they
            are as added/deleted) and can be used as a pseudo-explorer (you can
            drag-drop or right-click drag-drop to another folder in Windows Explorer
            (or even one that Everything itself is displaying which also meets its
            current filter conditions) and with full right-click access to normal
            Explorer context menu. For example - if you rename a file in Windows
            Explorer and have it visible in Everything you can see its name change
            instantly.

            If nothing else you should be able to use it to resolve issues wrt to
            which files your other indexers see. (In options-exclude you can if
            desired exclude certain devices/folders etc and include/exclude hidden
            and system files. </Aside>
            > Thank you. Now you folks say this is limited to files with less than 65
            > items, correct?

            Can't help you there but if Lotta and others says it you can probably
            put it in the bank :-)

          • Praising Jesus
            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 3, 2009
              That's perfect! I've been looking for such a too, since WindowsXP came out.
              Thank you.

              --Mike

              > Well, that was some help - I found it - a little more obscure:
              >
              > J:\Users\Mike\
              >
              > AppData\Roaming\NoteTab Pro\Favorites
              >
              > Now I have to figure out why none of the desktop search engines found
              > it ;-)

              Earlier ...