Re: [NTB] Stripping text up to a given character

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 7, 2009
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

      > true ... exactly the kind of thing a sample would show I guess
      > ... early in the morning I like your middle one -- repeat same
      > time 3 very efficient ... I don't quite get the last one however
      > ... what does that ?: (at least I think it's a questionmark
      > colon) do?

      Normally the parenthesized part of the pattern would be captured, in this case as $1. Question mark colon says don't bother to capture. Its more efficent to disable the capture when unused, and in this case (because the repetition) the capture would be useless anyway. Without the question mark colon, $1 would exist but it would contain only the last of the three matches of .*?_

      Regards,
      Sheri
    • helvetica_switzerland
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 8, 2009
        Thanks Don and Sheri
        I need to upgrade my NoteTab Pro. I have the trusty old 4.95 version. I hope my upgrade is free !