Re: NoteTab Std Update Problems

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2009
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Art Kocsis <artkns@...> wrote:

      > After updating my v6 installation to v6.1.0.6, it still hangs on
      > checking for updates.

      Are you running a firewall? For mine, after updating NoteTab I have to add the latest NoteTab exe to programs allowed to access the Internet or it acts like you've described.

      > It also appears that the updates have wiped out my favorites in
      > the clip Programming help.

      Windows stores favorites info separate from the help file (on XP, in Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\HTML Help\ hh.dat). I don't know how that info is linked to the actual help file or if favorites generally survive after the chm file gets updated. ?

      Regards,
      Sheri