Re: [NTB] Re: How to edit custom dictionary?

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2009
      lm_hamilton wrote:
      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jgurney1@...> wrote:
      >> Is the custom dictionary (default.udt) intended to be edited in
      Notetab? My concern is that incorrectly editing the file might render it
      partially or totally unusable.

      >> Seems to me that I'm either going about this wrong, should be
      easier, or that my concerns regarding default.udt are overstated.

      > I do not believe it should be a problem. I know that years ago, Jody
      had a clip or series of clips to ease the editing of this file in NoteTab.

      > Of course, make a backup before you start. ;-)
      >
      > HTH,
      >
      > ~ Larry

      Jim,

      I was looking up he clip library that Jody wrote for editing udt's and
      Larry replied before I could.

      I don't know the present source for this library but I could send it to
      you directly unless someone else knows where to get it.

      ºvº SL_day# 153 - created 2009.06.02_11.39.08

      In Only 30 Years...
      • 1977: Disco
      • 2007: Costco

      € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2009
        Hi
        these to clips could be useful
        H="Open *.udt"
        ^!Open ^$GetAppPath$Dictionaries\Default.udt

        H="Merge .udt's"
        ^!CONTINUE:Delete auto-correct FIRST
        ^!SetHintInfo Reformatting ^$GetDocName$...
        ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
        ^!Replace "IGN_\d+=" >> "" WASR
        ^!Replace "^p^p" >> "^p" WAS
        ^!IfError Next else Skip_-1
        ^!Select All
        ^$StrSort("^$GetText$";1;1;1)$
        ^!Jump 1
        ^!Set %Counter%=0

        :Loop
        ^!If ^$GetRow$ = ^$GetLineCount$ ListCount
        ^!InsertText IGN_^%Counter%=
        ^!Jump +1
        ^!Inc %Counter%
        ^!Goto Loop

        :ListCount
        ^!InsertText ^p[Auto Correct]^pAC_ListCount=0^p
        ^!Jump 1
        ^!InsertText [Added]^pIGN_ListCount=^%Counter%^p
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        > Is the custom dictionary (default.udt) intended to be edited in Notetab?
        > My concern is that incorrectly editing the file might render it partially
        > or totally unusable.
        >
        > Otherwise I have to:
        > - open default.udt
        > - copy all my custom words to the clipboard & close the file
        > - paste into a new document
        > - delete the 'old' default.udt file
        > - View/Spell Checker Options- create a new user dictionary.
        > - Edit this document; change spelling and remove any unwanted words
        > - Spell check this document & add the words to the new dictionary
        >
        > Seems to me that I'm either going about this wrong, should be easier, or
        > that my concerns regarding default.udt are overstated.

      • lm_hamilton
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2009
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          > these to clips could be useful
          <SNIP>

          I did a search and found this article about Jody's Editudt clip library on the NoteTab Clips List:

          The above link references Jody's old website, but that site is no longer available.

          Thanks to the Wayback Machine, I found that most of his old clip resources are still available, thanks to this archive. (I made a local copy of Jody's website after his death using wget, but do not have it at work, so had to find it.)

          Here is the specific link to this clip library.

          http://web.archive.org/web/20050207222945/www.notetab.net/html/editudt.htm

          For specifics of writing and editing clips, see the clips list.

          To add a new clip library, Tools > Clipbook > New Library, paste in the contents of the Editudt page, and save as "Editudt.clb". This will be available in your list of libraries.

          HTH,

          Larry