Repeat 'paste' during text search - please help...

  • eschercube
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
      Hi! I love NoteTab Light software, but I noticed a bug in it that started to occur 1 or 2 months ago. When I do a text search and I paste the words copied from another document, the words appear twice in the "Find what" box. For example, if I copy the words "Fookes Software" (without the quote marks) and try to search for them in any text files by pasting the words in the "Find what" box, the words "Fookes SoftwareFookes Software" (without the quote marks) will appear. It happens whether I press CTRL+V or if I right click and select 'Paste.' I didn't see any mention of this error in the FAQ section on the website. When I first noticed this bug, I upgraded from an earlier version of NoteTab to the latest version (6.1), but the problem still occurs. Please let me know if there's a way to eliminate this problem. Thank you!
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
        Hi,

        On 01 Jun 09 22:59 "eschercube" <eschercube@...> said:
        > I love NoteTab Light software, but I noticed a bug in it that
        > started to occur 1 or 2 months ago.

        Download the latest release. This bug has been fixed.

        Greg
      • eschercube
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2009
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Greg Chapman <gregchapmanuk@...> wrote:

          > Download the latest release. This bug has been fixed.
          >
          > Greg

          Thanks for your reply, but I already downloaded the latest release of NoteTab Light. I still have the same problem.

          Specifically, "NoteTab Light 6.1. (Freeware version.)"

          I know this isn't the worst problem on planet Earth, but does anyone have any other suggestions?
        • Eric Fookes
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2, 2009
            We released a slipstream update on May 28 that fixes the issue. The
            announcement was made on the NoteTab discussion lists.

            Please download NoteTab Light again and install the update over your
            current version. This will resolve the double-Paste issue.

            Eric Fookes
            http://www.fookes.com/

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2009
              Honored to get a reply from you, Eric. I'm off to download the update. Thanks. - ken

              P.S. Thanks again to you too, Greg.