NoteTab does not see Favorites files

  • m_frascinella
    Message 1 of 5 , May 14, 2009
      Hi,

      I recently installed NoteTab Pro 6 in a separate folder from NoteTab Pro 5.8. It works just great and I appreciate all the great work that goes into it.

      Now I copied the Favorites subfolder (with all my .fvr files) from the under the NoteTab 5 folder and placed it under the NoteTab 6 folder, then opened NoteTab 6.

      I cannot figure out how to get NoteTab 6 to recognize the favorites files.

      When I copied my V5.8 clip libraries to the V6 Libraries folder, NoteTab read them instantly.

      I read the help for Favorites but it makes no mention of how to move existing favorites files to a new installation.

      The only method I can see is to manually create each favorite file (and I have several -- ugh!)

      Yours,

      Michael F
    • loro
      Message 2 of 5 , May 14, 2009
        m_frascinella wrote:
        >I recently installed NoteTab Pro 6 in a separate folder from NoteTab
        >Pro 5.8. It works just great and I appreciate all the great work
        >that goes into it.
        >
        >Now I copied the Favorites subfolder (with all my .fvr files) from
        >the under the NoteTab 5 folder and placed it under the NoteTab 6
        >folder, then opened NoteTab 6.
        >
        >I cannot figure out how to get NoteTab 6 to recognize the favorites files.

        I haven't installed 6 yet, but i it's like 6 it will place support
        files in Documents and settings/you/Application Data - unless you
        install it into an already existing folder with a notepro.ini in it
        (can be blank). So I think your options are 1) move the old favorites
        to there or 2) reinstall NTP 6 to a folder with an ini file in it..

        Reservations for that I may have missed some other way to do it and
        AFAIK 6 may be different, but I don't think so.

        Lotta
      • loro
        Message 3 of 5 , May 14, 2009
          I wrote:
          >I haven't installed 6 yet, but i it's like 6 it will place support
          >files...

          Should be:
          I haven't installed 6 yet, but if it's like 5 it will place support
          files...

          Sigh. Sorry.

          Lotta
        • Eric Fookes
          Message 4 of 5 , May 15, 2009
            Hi Michael,

            > Now I copied the Favorites subfolder (with all my .fvr files) from
            > the under the NoteTab 5 folder and placed it under the NoteTab 6
            > folder, then opened NoteTab 6.
            >
            > I cannot figure out how to get NoteTab 6 to recognize the favorites
            > files.
            >
            > I read the help for Favorites but it makes no mention of how to move
            > existing favorites files to a new installation.

            With NoteTab 4, Favorites were installed by default under the program
            folder. However, the default location has changed since version 5.

            You'll find two useful items under the Installation topic in the NoteTab
            Help file. See "Storage Location for User Data" and "How to Transfer
            Settings from NoteTab 4 to NoteTab 6".

            Eric Fookes
            http://www.fookes.com/
          • m_frascinella
            Message 5 of 5 , May 15, 2009
              Eric,

              Thanks for the pointers to the help files. Yes Notetab 6 had created folders in the user's Applications Data folder. Now I remember having to do the same thing when I first upgraded to version 5.

              I moved those NoteTab files to my NoteTabPro6 folder and everything works as before. Of course I also had to change the Windows folder options to tell it to open .txt, .log, and other text files with the new version of NoteTab Pro. Thanks again.

              Yours,

              Michael F.