Re: New user comments

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2009
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Robert Bull <barlennan@...> wrote:

      > 1) Two functions I like in, e.g., Crimson Editor and TED Notepad:
      > a single key (Ctrl-D) to mark the word the cursor is on, and a
      > single key to mark the whole line. TED Notepad goes further with
      > Shft-Ctrl-D, which *adds* the next word to the selection,
      > similarly for lines. I can't immediately see a way to do this in
      > NTP; have I missed it?

      Most of NoteTab's methods for launching clips require mouse clicks. There is also the "in-context clipbook" whereby you can press the escape key and use keystrokes to select the wanted clip. NoteTab's keyboard shortcuts for Menu commands can be reassigned by customizing your Shortcuts.dat file.

      If you want to launch clips using hotkeys like Ctrl+D it can be done using other utilities. This solution integrates with Shortcuts.dat and uses PowerPro: <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/CustomClipkeysInfo.html> It also includes a Shortcuts.dat reference file showing all of NoteTab's initial keyboard shortcuts.

      Regards,
      Sheri
    • Robert Bull
      Message 2 of 3 , May 17, 2009
        Hello, Sheri;

        Monday, May 11, 2009, 12:07:03 AM, you wrote:

        S> There is an active Clips list for help writing clips:

        I've linked in...

        S> Most of NoteTab's methods for launching clips require mouse clicks. There is also the

        I prefer keyboard to mouse clicks, but I see one can Shift-F6 into the
        clipbook and treat it like a menu.

        S> If you want to launch clips using hotkeys like Ctrl+D it can be done using other
        S> utilities. This solution integrates with Shortcuts.dat and uses PowerPro:

        That's a good Wink, but looks like a complicated procedure. I run
        PowerPro already - did a double-take when I saw your name here - and
        will keep this technique in mind. Have to check I don't already have
        a script with that name in place.

        On another matter: my comment about HTML-stripping was a non-problem.
        I was trying to strip the whole file. If I just highlit the bit I
        wanted before pressing the Go button, it just cleaned up the section
        in question. Very convenient.

        --
        Thanks,

        Robert Bull