Re: [NTB] How to get Whatsnew.txt not to open

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 7 , May 8, 2009
      Dave wrote:
      > Hi
      > I would close down any libraries that are running and then close
      > whatsnew,txt and close notetab and reopen it best I can do for the time
      > being ??
      Try looking under the help menu for "Poll for News". If it's checked,
      uncheck it. Then close and reopen NoteTab (twice?).
    • Don Daugherty
      Message 2 of 7 , May 11, 2009
        Don Daugherty wrote:
        > Dave wrote:
        >
        >> Hi
        >> I would close down any libraries that are running and then close
        >> whatsnew,txt and close notetab and reopen it best I can do for the time
        >> being ??
        >>
        > Try looking under the help menu for "Poll for News". If it's checked,
        > uncheck it. Then close and reopen NoteTab (twice?).
        I just checked; it's back again. Maybe I need to delete the file, which
        is in my c:\Program Files\NoteTab 6\ folder
      • Bert Byfield
        Message 3 of 7 , May 11, 2009
          >> Try looking under the help menu for "Poll for News". If it's checked,
          >> uncheck it. Then close and reopen NoteTab (twice?).

          > I just checked; it's back again. Maybe I need to delete the file, which
          > is in my c:\Program Files\NoteTab 6\ folder

          Are you sure you are closing the file in NoteTab? If you still see it
          and close NoteTab, NoteTab will think you are still using it (if that
          option is set, which it probably should be). I have "Poll for News"
          checked and I don't have the problem.
        • Bert Byfield
          Message 4 of 7 , May 11, 2009
            >> I just checked; it's back again. Maybe I need to delete the file, which
            >> is in my c:\Program Files\NoteTab 6\ folder

            > Are you sure you are closing the file in NoteTab? If you still see it
            > and close NoteTab, NoteTab will think you are still using it (if that
            > option is set, which it probably should be). I have "Poll for News"
            > checked and I don't have the problem.

            Okay, I *am* having the same problem, but only once per day (?).
          • John Shotsky
            Message 5 of 7 , May 11, 2009
              With the document open, right click on the tab for the document (along the top) and choose close. You are closing only
              that one document. Open a document you plan to work with. Save it. At this point, you should have only one document in
              NoteTab, and it should be your own text file.

              Close, then open NoteTab. You should only see your document. Repeat. Repeat every so often. Only the last documents that
              were open when you close Notetab should reappear. I am using the new version, and I only saw the file you refer to one
              time - when I first started it, read it, then closed it.

              John