Re: [NTB] Fonts?

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2009
      Hi Charles,

      On 05 May 09 16:14 "charlesn56" <accountant1@...> said:
      > 1) I am wanting to add some new fonts to the program.

      If you ask that because you do not see the full list of fonts you see
      in other programs then you have probably got NoteTab Pro and expect to
      see the full list of fonts you see in other programs. This will never
      happen as NoteTeb Pro only permits monospaced fonts. You CANNOT load
      other fonts. The program shows all the fonts currently installed on
      your computer that are mono-spaced.

      > 2) I want to change the color and font size of some of the text in
      > the document.

      NoteTab (Any version) will not do this. It is a text editor, NOT a
      word processor. All you can do is determine what font to work with.
      Once set, that is the only one available.

      NoteTab is a brilliant and extremely powerful text editor. It is not a
      text presentation tool (othrwise known as a word processor).

      Greg
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2009
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "charlesn56" <accountant1@...> wrote:

        > I am a new user to NoteTab, and first I want to say what a great
        > program it is. Now my questions. 1) I am wanting to add some new
        > fonts to the program. 2) I want to change the color and font size
        > of some of the text in the document. How do I do both of these?

        Look at View Options Documents [Font] (sets the default document font)

        Also View Options Colors

        There are also various font and color options under:

        View Options Clipbook
        View Options Tab Bar
        View Options Quick List
        View Options Toolbar

        You can't apply fonts to selections within documents, but you can have a different font for each document if you wish using Document, Font, Change Font. The Document Font is the one limited to monospace fonts in NoteTab Pro.

        Chosen default text colors are applied to all document texts.

        There is also HTML tag highlighting, URL highlighting and clipcode highlighting in NoteTab Pro. They can be enabled and disabled in Options.

        Regards,
        Sheri
      • loro
        Message 3 of 7 , May 6, 2009
          charlesn56 wrote:
          >2) I want to change the color and font size of some of
          >the text in the document. How do I do both of these?

          To add to what's already said, you can have 2 different colors in
          addition to the document default colors by using the HTML syntax
          highlighting. It ain't pretty, but it works. You have to make the
          text look like HTML tags, but for highlighting a heading or an
          important section, I don't find it disturbing. I use it a lot.

          If you want to try, go to View | Options | HTML files and add the
          file type you want to use this with to the list. Also make sure the
          box labeled "Highlight HTML Tags" is ticked. Then go to the Colors
          tab and configure the colors you want to use. See below one way of using it.

          ---------------------------
          <!-- This is a heading. It will be in the HTML comment color -->

          Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
          blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
          blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah <This is
          important text that will be colored in the HTML tag color> blah blah
          blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
          blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
          ---------------------------

          Lotta
        • Lee Underwood
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 9 1:06 PM
            I had deleted a few fonts from my system (Ubuntu 14.04) and 'lost' the ones I had been using in NoteTab Pro. When I check my fonts directory under Wine { ~/.wine/drive_c/Windows/fonts }, they all seem to be there. But somehow, NTP doesn't seem to pick them up. I also checked /usr/share/fonts, ~/.fonts.

            Any ideas to get a better selection of fonts for NTP? (I know they need to be fixed width)

            Thanks

            Lee
          • Lee Underwood
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 9 2:14 PM
              I fixed it. I had marked the fonts in my font viewer to be 'hidden'. I just reversed it and it's fine now.

              Lee