RE: [NTB] Fonts?

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2009
      You add new fonts into the Windows Fonts folder. I haven't tried multiple fonts in one document, since it is basically a
      text editor.
      John

      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2009
        Hi Charles,

        On 05 May 09 16:14 "charlesn56" <accountant1@...> said:
        > 1) I am wanting to add some new fonts to the program.

        If you ask that because you do not see the full list of fonts you see
        in other programs then you have probably got NoteTab Pro and expect to
        see the full list of fonts you see in other programs. This will never
        happen as NoteTeb Pro only permits monospaced fonts. You CANNOT load
        other fonts. The program shows all the fonts currently installed on
        your computer that are mono-spaced.

        > 2) I want to change the color and font size of some of the text in
        > the document.

        NoteTab (Any version) will not do this. It is a text editor, NOT a
        word processor. All you can do is determine what font to work with.
        Once set, that is the only one available.

        NoteTab is a brilliant and extremely powerful text editor. It is not a
        text presentation tool (othrwise known as a word processor).

        Greg
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 7 , May 5, 2009
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "charlesn56" <accountant1@...> wrote:

          > I am a new user to NoteTab, and first I want to say what a great
          > program it is. Now my questions. 1) I am wanting to add some new
          > fonts to the program. 2) I want to change the color and font size
          > of some of the text in the document. How do I do both of these?

          Look at View Options Documents [Font] (sets the default document font)

          Also View Options Colors

          There are also various font and color options under:

          View Options Clipbook
          View Options Tab Bar
          View Options Quick List
          View Options Toolbar

          You can't apply fonts to selections within documents, but you can have a different font for each document if you wish using Document, Font, Change Font. The Document Font is the one limited to monospace fonts in NoteTab Pro.

          Chosen default text colors are applied to all document texts.

          There is also HTML tag highlighting, URL highlighting and clipcode highlighting in NoteTab Pro. They can be enabled and disabled in Options.

          Regards,
          Sheri
        • loro
          Message 4 of 7 , May 6, 2009
            charlesn56 wrote:
            >2) I want to change the color and font size of some of
            >the text in the document. How do I do both of these?

            To add to what's already said, you can have 2 different colors in
            addition to the document default colors by using the HTML syntax
            highlighting. It ain't pretty, but it works. You have to make the
            text look like HTML tags, but for highlighting a heading or an
            important section, I don't find it disturbing. I use it a lot.

            If you want to try, go to View | Options | HTML files and add the
            file type you want to use this with to the list. Also make sure the
            box labeled "Highlight HTML Tags" is ticked. Then go to the Colors
            tab and configure the colors you want to use. See below one way of using it.

            ---------------------------
            <!-- This is a heading. It will be in the HTML comment color -->

            Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
            blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
            blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah <This is
            important text that will be colored in the HTML tag color> blah blah
            blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
            blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
            ---------------------------

            Lotta
          • Lee Underwood
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 9 1:06 PM
              I had deleted a few fonts from my system (Ubuntu 14.04) and 'lost' the ones I had been using in NoteTab Pro. When I check my fonts directory under Wine { ~/.wine/drive_c/Windows/fonts }, they all seem to be there. But somehow, NTP doesn't seem to pick them up. I also checked /usr/share/fonts, ~/.fonts.

              Any ideas to get a better selection of fonts for NTP? (I know they need to be fixed width)

              Thanks

              Lee
            • Lee Underwood
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 9 2:14 PM
                I fixed it. I had marked the fonts in my font viewer to be 'hidden'. I just reversed it and it's fine now.

                Lee