Fonts?

  • charlesn56
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2009
      I am a new user to NoteTab, and first I want to say what a great
      program it is. Now my questions. 1) I am wanting to add some new fonts
      to the program. 2) I want to change the color and font size of some of
      the text in the document. How do I do both of these?

      Charles
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2009
        You add new fonts into the Windows Fonts folder. I haven't tried multiple fonts in one document, since it is basically a
        text editor.
        John

        Message 3 of 5 , May 5, 2009
          Hi Charles,

          On 05 May 09 16:14 "charlesn56" <accountant1@...> said:
          > 1) I am wanting to add some new fonts to the program.

          If you ask that because you do not see the full list of fonts you see
          in other programs then you have probably got NoteTab Pro and expect to
          see the full list of fonts you see in other programs. This will never
          happen as NoteTeb Pro only permits monospaced fonts. You CANNOT load
          other fonts. The program shows all the fonts currently installed on
          your computer that are mono-spaced.

          > 2) I want to change the color and font size of some of the text in
          > the document.

          NoteTab (Any version) will not do this. It is a text editor, NOT a
          word processor. All you can do is determine what font to work with.
          Once set, that is the only one available.

          NoteTab is a brilliant and extremely powerful text editor. It is not a
          text presentation tool (othrwise known as a word processor).

          Greg
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 5 , May 5, 2009
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "charlesn56" <accountant1@...> wrote:

            > I am a new user to NoteTab, and first I want to say what a great
            > program it is. Now my questions. 1) I am wanting to add some new
            > fonts to the program. 2) I want to change the color and font size
            > of some of the text in the document. How do I do both of these?

            Look at View Options Documents [Font] (sets the default document font)

            Also View Options Colors

            There are also various font and color options under:

            View Options Clipbook
            View Options Tab Bar
            View Options Quick List
            View Options Toolbar

            You can't apply fonts to selections within documents, but you can have a different font for each document if you wish using Document, Font, Change Font. The Document Font is the one limited to monospace fonts in NoteTab Pro.

            Chosen default text colors are applied to all document texts.

            There is also HTML tag highlighting, URL highlighting and clipcode highlighting in NoteTab Pro. They can be enabled and disabled in Options.

            Regards,
            Sheri
          • loro
            Message 5 of 5 , May 6, 2009
              charlesn56 wrote:
              >2) I want to change the color and font size of some of
              >the text in the document. How do I do both of these?

              To add to what's already said, you can have 2 different colors in
              addition to the document default colors by using the HTML syntax
              highlighting. It ain't pretty, but it works. You have to make the
              text look like HTML tags, but for highlighting a heading or an
              important section, I don't find it disturbing. I use it a lot.

              If you want to try, go to View | Options | HTML files and add the
              file type you want to use this with to the list. Also make sure the
              box labeled "Highlight HTML Tags" is ticked. Then go to the Colors
              tab and configure the colors you want to use. See below one way of using it.

              <!-- This is a heading. It will be in the HTML comment color -->

              Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
              blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
              blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah <This is
              important text that will be colored in the HTML tag color> blah blah
              blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
              blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

              Lotta