Re: [NTB] Re:NoteTab 5.8 available

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 6, 2009
      hsavage wrote:
      > AL Guevara wrote:
      >> Help menu. Check for updates.
      >> Al
      >>
      >>>Hello!
      >>
      >>>I have done this before, but I can't remember how to do it again. My
      >>>NoteTab is 5.7 and I want to download the upgrade, but my computer is
      >>>not online, and has no capability to be online (I have to use a separate
      >>>computer room with internet access). Thus, the "help/check for updates"
      >>>command won't do me any good. How can I update? I have NoteTab Pro.
      >>
      >>>Thanks.
      >>>- Brother Gabriel-Marie
      >
      > brother,
      >
      > On the computer that has internet access,
      >
      > At the Help menu, Check for updates...
      >
      > Click to Select " Click to download version 5.8 again...
      >
      > Save it to a folder of your choice...
      >
      > Copy the file to an available medium to transport to other computer...
      >
      > Copy the file to the computer without internet access...
      >
      > Install from there on the isolated computer.
      >
      > € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com

      brother,

      Forgot to mention, NoteTab, previous version, should already be
      installed on isolated computer.

      ºvº SL_day# 096 - created 2009.04.06_16.47.54

      Beer WARNING Label:
      • The consumption of alcohol
      • May lead you to believe you are invisible.

      € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
    • loro
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 6, 2009
        hsavage wrote:
        >On the computer that has internet access,
        >
        >At the Help menu, Check for updates...

        As I understand it, the computer that's connected to the internet,
        does not have Notetab installed and there's the rub.The upgrades used
        to be available from the site, but that doesn't seem to be the case
        anymore, at least I can't find any.

        Lotta
      • Brother Gabriel-Marie
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 8, 2009
          Hello all!

          Thank you for the assistance in regards to updating my offline
          NoteTabPro. I did send email to Fookes, and here is what they (Julian)
          said,
          "The advice you were given at the Yahoo group was correct. You only need
          to copy the file NotePro.exe to the online computer to be able to
          download the update."

          He also sent me a direct download link for this time, but said that they
          couldn't do it every time I needed and update. I only mention this to
          point out their charity.

          Thanks again, y'all.

          - Brother Gabriel-Marie