Re:NoteTab 5.8 available

  • Brother Gabriel-Marie
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1 6:59 AM
      Hello!

      I have done this before, but I can't remember how to do it again. My
      NoteTab is 5.7 and I want to download the upgrade, but my computer is
      not online, and has no capability to be online (I have to use a separate
      computer room with internet access). Thus, the "help/check for updates"
      command won't do me any good. How can I update? I have NoteTab Pro.

      Thanks.
      - Brother Gabriel-Marie
    • Brother Gabriel-Marie

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 6 11:53 AM
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Brother Gabriel-Marie <brgabriel@...> wrote:

          > Hello!
          >
          > I have done this before, but I can't remember how to do it again.
          > My NoteTab is 5.7 and I want to download the upgrade, but my
          > computer is not online, and has no capability to be online (I
          > have to use a separate computer room with internet access). Thus,
          > the "help/check for updates" command won't do me any good. How
          > can I update? I have NoteTab Pro.

          No doubt requires special arrangements.

          http://www.fookes.com/contact.php
        • AL Guevara
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 6 11:54 AM
            Help menu. Check for updates.
            Al

            From: "Brother Gabriel-Marie" <brgabriel@...>
            To: notetab@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [NTB] Re:NoteTab 5.8 available

            >Hello!

            >I have done this before, but I can't remember how to do it again. My
            >NoteTab is 5.7 and I want to download the upgrade, but my computer is
            >not online, and has no capability to be online (I have to use a separate
            >computer room with internet access). Thus, the "help/check for updates"
            >command won't do me any good. How can I update? I have NoteTab Pro.

            >Thanks.
            >- Brother Gabriel-Marie

          • Greg Chapman
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 6 12:45 PM
              Hi Al,

              On 06 Apr 09 19:54 "AL Guevara" <al@...> said:
              > Help menu. Check for updates.
              >
              > >my computer is not online, and has no capability to be online

              Pay attention, at the back!

              Greg
            • ebbtidalflats
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 6 1:16 PM
                If you still have your current (5.7) install file, you COULD install NoteTab (2nd copy) on a USB stick, plug the USB stick into the PC with Internet access, and run NoteTab directly from the USB stick.

                This technique requires THREE things:

                1. the PC you plan to use this on must let you RUN an executable from your USB stick. Check this first. Everything else depends on it.

                2. you must copy a NotePro.ini to the USB stick folder, where you want to install NoteTab (the folder must exist WITH NotePro.ini BEFORE you install NoteTab).

                3. A batchfile to run NoteTab with the command, i.e. "StartNtp.bat"

                ------->8-------
                start /WAIT X:\path\NotePro.exe /USB
                rem X is the drive letter of the usb drive.
                ------->8-------

                Create the batchfile any time, edit the batchfile on the Internet-enabled PC once you know the actual drive letter.

                Right-click the batchfilename --> choose Edit

                Change the dirve letter, save the file.

                Run the batchfile.

                Once you have NoteTab running on the Internet-eneabled PC, you can use the update in help, and SAVE the download to your USB drive.

                If you're still with me, you can then simply run the installation file on your secure computer.

                Good luck,

                Eb

                --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Brother Gabriel-Marie <brgabriel@...> wrote:

                > I have done this before, but I can't remember how to do it again. My
                > NoteTab is 5.7 and I want to download the upgrade, but my computer is
                > not online, and has no capability to be online (I have to use a separate
                > computer room with internet access). Thus, the "help/check for updates"
                > command won't do me any good. How can I update? I have NoteTab Pro.
                >
                > Thanks.
                > - Brother Gabriel-Marie

              • hsavage
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 6 2:41 PM
                  AL Guevara wrote:
                  > Help menu. Check for updates.
                  > Al
                  >
                  >>Hello!
                  >
                  >>I have done this before, but I can't remember how to do it again. My
                  >>NoteTab is 5.7 and I want to download the upgrade, but my computer is
                  >>not online, and has no capability to be online (I have to use a separate
                  >>computer room with internet access). Thus, the "help/check for updates"
                  >>command won't do me any good. How can I update? I have NoteTab Pro.
                  >
                  >>Thanks.
                  >>- Brother Gabriel-Marie

                  brother,

                  On the computer that has internet access,

                  At the Help menu, Check for updates...

                  Click to Select " Click to download version 5.8 again...

                  Save it to a folder of your choice...

                  Copy the file to an available medium to transport to other computer...

                  Copy the file to the computer without internet access...

                  Install from there on the isolated computer.

                  ºvº SL_day# 096 - created 2009.04.06_16.34.01

                  Beer WARNING Label:
                  • The consumption of alcohol
                  • May lead you to believe you are invisible.

                  € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
                • hsavage
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 6 2:49 PM
                    hsavage wrote:
                    > AL Guevara wrote:
                    >> Help menu. Check for updates.
                    >> Al
                    >>
                    >>>Hello!
                    >>
                    >>>I have done this before, but I can't remember how to do it again. My
                    >>>NoteTab is 5.7 and I want to download the upgrade, but my computer is
                    >>>not online, and has no capability to be online (I have to use a separate
                    >>>computer room with internet access). Thus, the "help/check for updates"
                    >>>command won't do me any good. How can I update? I have NoteTab Pro.
                    >>
                    >>>Thanks.
                    >>>- Brother Gabriel-Marie
                    >
                    > brother,
                    >
                    > On the computer that has internet access,
                    >
                    > At the Help menu, Check for updates...
                    >
                    > Click to Select " Click to download version 5.8 again...
                    >
                    > Save it to a folder of your choice...
                    >
                    > Copy the file to an available medium to transport to other computer...
                    >
                    > Copy the file to the computer without internet access...
                    >
                    > Install from there on the isolated computer.
                    >
                    > € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com

                    brother,

                    Forgot to mention, NoteTab, previous version, should already be
                    installed on isolated computer.

                    ºvº SL_day# 096 - created 2009.04.06_16.47.54

                    Beer WARNING Label:
                    • The consumption of alcohol
                    • May lead you to believe you are invisible.

                    € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
                  • loro
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 6 3:29 PM
                      hsavage wrote:
                      >On the computer that has internet access,
                      >
                      >At the Help menu, Check for updates...

                      As I understand it, the computer that's connected to the internet,
                      does not have Notetab installed and there's the rub.The upgrades used
                      to be available from the site, but that doesn't seem to be the case
                      anymore, at least I can't find any.

                      Lotta
                    • Brother Gabriel-Marie
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 8 7:26 AM
                        Hello all!

                        Thank you for the assistance in regards to updating my offline
                        NoteTabPro. I did send email to Fookes, and here is what they (Julian)
                        said,
                        "The advice you were given at the Yahoo group was correct. You only need
                        to copy the file NotePro.exe to the online computer to be able to
                        download the update."

                        He also sent me a direct download link for this time, but said that they
                        couldn't do it every time I needed and update. I only mention this to
                        point out their charity.

                        Thanks again, y'all.

                        - Brother Gabriel-Marie