NoteTab 5.8 available

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 30, 2009
      Hi everyone,

      We're pleased to announce the release of NoteTab 5.8 (all versions).
      NoteTab Light is free as usual, and the retail versions are free for
      registered users of version 5.

      You'll find the update link in NoteTab's "Check for Updates" feature,
      which is available from the Help menu. If you don't see the version 5.8
      info in the News and Updates window, click on the "Get headlines" button
      at the top-left of the screen to refresh the list.

      Not a customer yet? Depending on your location, you can get a NoteTab
      Pro or Std license at no cost through TrialPay. For more information,
      click on the corresponding NoteTab license below:

      NoteTab Pro
      http://www.fookes.com/get_free.php?ntp

      NoteTab Std
      http://www.fookes.com/get_free.php?nts

      Improvements since previous update:
      -----------------------------------

      * Updated the regular expressions engine to the latest release, which is
      based on PCRE 7.8.

      * Added the /Close and /Exit command-line switches. Use either one to
      close a running instance of NoteTab.

      * Fixed an issue that under specific conditions when searching through
      all open documents can cause an Outline document to lose all its topics
      except the current one.

      * Fixed a display issue when minimizing/restoring NoteTab while the Find
      or Replace dialog is open.

      * Fixed issues with the "Go to Hyperlink" feature.

      * Fixed an issue with the ^$GetReSubStrings$ function, which failed to
      return a captured substring when only one subpattern was defined in the
      search criteria.

      * Some other minor improvements and issues fixed.

      * Redesigned Web site.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/
    • Brother Gabriel-Marie
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1 6:59 AM
        Hello!

        I have done this before, but I can't remember how to do it again. My
        NoteTab is 5.7 and I want to download the upgrade, but my computer is
        not online, and has no capability to be online (I have to use a separate
        computer room with internet access). Thus, the "help/check for updates"
        command won't do me any good. How can I update? I have NoteTab Pro.

        Thanks.
        - Brother Gabriel-Marie
      • Brother Gabriel-Marie

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 6 11:53 AM
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Brother Gabriel-Marie <brgabriel@...> wrote:

            > Hello!
            >
            > I have done this before, but I can't remember how to do it again.
            > My NoteTab is 5.7 and I want to download the upgrade, but my
            > computer is not online, and has no capability to be online (I
            > have to use a separate computer room with internet access). Thus,
            > the "help/check for updates" command won't do me any good. How
            > can I update? I have NoteTab Pro.

            No doubt requires special arrangements.

            http://www.fookes.com/contact.php
          • AL Guevara
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 6 11:54 AM
              Help menu. Check for updates.
              Al

              From: "Brother Gabriel-Marie" <brgabriel@...>
              To: notetab@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: [NTB] Re:NoteTab 5.8 available

              >Hello!

              >I have done this before, but I can't remember how to do it again. My
              >NoteTab is 5.7 and I want to download the upgrade, but my computer is
              >not online, and has no capability to be online (I have to use a separate
              >computer room with internet access). Thus, the "help/check for updates"
              >command won't do me any good. How can I update? I have NoteTab Pro.

              >Thanks.
              >- Brother Gabriel-Marie

            • Greg Chapman
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 6 12:45 PM
                Hi Al,

                On 06 Apr 09 19:54 "AL Guevara" <al@...> said:
                > Help menu. Check for updates.
                >
                > >my computer is not online, and has no capability to be online

                Pay attention, at the back!

                Greg
              • ebbtidalflats
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 6 1:16 PM
                  If you still have your current (5.7) install file, you COULD install NoteTab (2nd copy) on a USB stick, plug the USB stick into the PC with Internet access, and run NoteTab directly from the USB stick.

                  This technique requires THREE things:

                  1. the PC you plan to use this on must let you RUN an executable from your USB stick. Check this first. Everything else depends on it.

                  2. you must copy a NotePro.ini to the USB stick folder, where you want to install NoteTab (the folder must exist WITH NotePro.ini BEFORE you install NoteTab).

                  3. A batchfile to run NoteTab with the command, i.e. "StartNtp.bat"

                  ------->8-------
                  start /WAIT X:\path\NotePro.exe /USB
                  rem X is the drive letter of the usb drive.
                  ------->8-------

                  Create the batchfile any time, edit the batchfile on the Internet-enabled PC once you know the actual drive letter.

                  Right-click the batchfilename --> choose Edit

                  Change the dirve letter, save the file.

                  Run the batchfile.

                  Once you have NoteTab running on the Internet-eneabled PC, you can use the update in help, and SAVE the download to your USB drive.

                  If you're still with me, you can then simply run the installation file on your secure computer.

                  Good luck,

                  Eb

                  --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Brother Gabriel-Marie <brgabriel@...> wrote:

                  > I have done this before, but I can't remember how to do it again. My
                  > NoteTab is 5.7 and I want to download the upgrade, but my computer is
                  > not online, and has no capability to be online (I have to use a separate
                  > computer room with internet access). Thus, the "help/check for updates"
                  > command won't do me any good. How can I update? I have NoteTab Pro.
                  >
                  > Thanks.
                  > - Brother Gabriel-Marie

                • hsavage
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 6 2:41 PM
                    AL Guevara wrote:
                    > Help menu. Check for updates.
                    > Al
                    >
                    >>Hello!
                    >
                    >>I have done this before, but I can't remember how to do it again. My
                    >>NoteTab is 5.7 and I want to download the upgrade, but my computer is
                    >>not online, and has no capability to be online (I have to use a separate
                    >>computer room with internet access). Thus, the "help/check for updates"
                    >>command won't do me any good. How can I update? I have NoteTab Pro.
                    >
                    >>Thanks.
                    >>- Brother Gabriel-Marie

                    brother,

                    On the computer that has internet access,

                    At the Help menu, Check for updates...

                    Click to Select " Click to download version 5.8 again...

                    Save it to a folder of your choice...

                    Copy the file to an available medium to transport to other computer...

                    Copy the file to the computer without internet access...

                    Install from there on the isolated computer.

                    ºvº SL_day# 096 - created 2009.04.06_16.34.01

                    Beer WARNING Label:
                    • The consumption of alcohol
                    • May lead you to believe you are invisible.

                    € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
                  • hsavage
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 6 2:49 PM
                      hsavage wrote:
                      > AL Guevara wrote:
                      >> Help menu. Check for updates.
                      >> Al
                      >>
                      >>>Hello!
                      >>
                      >>>I have done this before, but I can't remember how to do it again. My
                      >>>NoteTab is 5.7 and I want to download the upgrade, but my computer is
                      >>>not online, and has no capability to be online (I have to use a separate
                      >>>computer room with internet access). Thus, the "help/check for updates"
                      >>>command won't do me any good. How can I update? I have NoteTab Pro.
                      >>
                      >>>Thanks.
                      >>>- Brother Gabriel-Marie
                      >
                      > brother,
                      >
                      > On the computer that has internet access,
                      >
                      > At the Help menu, Check for updates...
                      >
                      > Click to Select " Click to download version 5.8 again...
                      >
                      > Save it to a folder of your choice...
                      >
                      > Copy the file to an available medium to transport to other computer...
                      >
                      > Copy the file to the computer without internet access...
                      >
                      > Install from there on the isolated computer.
                      >
                      > € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com

                      brother,

                      Forgot to mention, NoteTab, previous version, should already be
                      installed on isolated computer.

                      ºvº SL_day# 096 - created 2009.04.06_16.47.54

                      Beer WARNING Label:
                      • The consumption of alcohol
                      • May lead you to believe you are invisible.

                      € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
                    • loro
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 6 3:29 PM
                        hsavage wrote:
                        >On the computer that has internet access,
                        >
                        >At the Help menu, Check for updates...

                        As I understand it, the computer that's connected to the internet,
                        does not have Notetab installed and there's the rub.The upgrades used
                        to be available from the site, but that doesn't seem to be the case
                        anymore, at least I can't find any.

                        Lotta
                      • Brother Gabriel-Marie
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 8 7:26 AM
                          Hello all!

                          Thank you for the assistance in regards to updating my offline
                          NoteTabPro. I did send email to Fookes, and here is what they (Julian)
                          said,
                          "The advice you were given at the Yahoo group was correct. You only need
                          to copy the file NotePro.exe to the online computer to be able to
                          download the update."

                          He also sent me a direct download link for this time, but said that they
                          couldn't do it every time I needed and update. I only mention this to
                          point out their charity.

                          Thanks again, y'all.

                          - Brother Gabriel-Marie