Re: [NTB] NT won't save character

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 27, 2009
      Hi Pika,

      Did you change your default Windows code page after you reinstalled it?
      Are you using the same font in NoteTab, along with the same Font script?

      write2dot wrote:
      > The thing is, it worked before I recently reinstalled Windows (and consequently NT), I could save files correctly with those characters (they were visible upon reopening with NT or any other text editor). I can't figure out what's changed.
      >
      >> The main problem is that those characters are in the "Latin Extended-A"
      >> range (above 255). These *can't* be represented by a single byte. That
      >> would require an Unicode-aware editor. Unfortunately, NoteTab is not one
      >> of those.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/
    • Eric Fookes
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 27, 2009
        Hi Marcelo,

        > would require an Unicode-aware editor. Unfortunately, NoteTab is not one
        > of those.

        A Unicode editor is currently under development. But it is not a NoteTab
        replacement. It will be made available alongside NoteTab. NoteTab
        customers will be offered a special discount on the new editor.

        No date has been set yet for its release. It's still too early to reveal
        anything more about it, but I can tell you that it will offer many
        features that have been requested over the years.

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes.com/
      • write2dot
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 27, 2009
          Okay, I'm embarrassed to say it was, as usual, a human error. :) I didn't change the language for non-Unicode programs after reinstalling. Thank you both for answering so quickly and apologies for wasting your time.

          Pika
        • melchior prisi
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 27, 2009
            Hi Eric

            ----- on 27.03.2009 16:21 Eric Fookes wrote:
            > A Unicode editor is currently under development. But it is not a NoteTab
            > replacement. It will be made available alongside NoteTab. NoteTab
            > customers will be offered a special discount on the new editor.

            Will it be capable to apply NoteTab-Clips to unicode files?

            Thanks
            Melchior
            --
          • Marcelo Bastos
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 30, 2009
              By the way, NoteTab 5.8 is out. Use "Help/Check for Updates" to get the
              new version.

              Marcelo

              -=-=-
              No wanna work... wanna bang on keyboard!
              * TagZilla 0.066 on Seamonkey 1.1.15