SOLVED: How to sort by number?

  • Brother Gabriel-Marie
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2009
      Hi y'all, thanks a bushel for answering! I've always found the NoteTab
      forum to productive!

      To sort ascending gives lines like this, sorted "alphabetically"
      A simple "sort" won't work.
      1
      12
      2
      22
      3

      But I want lines like this, sorted by value.
      Mr. Burgess, I did get an idea from your solution:

      Here is what I did if anyone is interested.
      It is kind of complicated. I am inserting the autonumber into an html reference tag.
      This creates a list which I will sort after it is finished.

      ^!If ^%Order%>99 Continue ELSE Pad00
      :Pad00
      ^!If ^%Order%>9 Pad0
      ^!Set %Order%=00^%Order%
      ^!GoTo Continue
      :Pad0
      ^!Set %Order%=0^%Order%
      ^!GoTo Continue
      :Continue

      ^!jump TEXT_START
      ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
      ^!Jump Text_End
      ^!Set %End%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$

      ^!SetCursor ^%Start%
      ^!SelectTo ^%End%
      ^!Set %Stats%=^$GetSelection$
      ;parameters are CaseSensitive, Ascending, Remove Duplicates
      ^$StrSort("^%Stats%";ANSI;True;True)$

      It does work! Maybe a little clumsy...
      Thanks again, y'all

      Besides, I don't have Modify-Lines-AutoNumber.
      I am running NoteTab Pro 5.61 full version. Am I behind?

      As for the carriage return on append file, thanks, y'all.

      Um, one more thing. Has anyone tried to use ^!email with Thunderbird portable set to default email?
      It will indeed prepare the email with the subject but it won't insert the email address. Perhaps
      one of the thunderbird extensions is causing it not to work?

      Thanks.