Inserting line breaks into text files

  • Chris Nash
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2009
      I have a number of files that are unspaced "walls of text". Is there a
      way to have NoteTab automatically insert an extra line break after
      each existing line break, thus spacing out the paragraphs?
    • Geoff Lane
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2009
        On Tuesday, March 3, 2009, Chris Nash wrote:

        > I have a number of files that are unspaced "walls of text". Is there a
        > way to have NoteTab automatically insert an extra line break after
        > each existing line break, thus spacing out the paragraphs?
        ---

        Use Search and Replace:

        1. From the Search menu, choose Replace. The Find and Replace dialog
        box opens.
        2. In the Find what box, type "^p" (without the quotation marks)
        3. In the Replace with box, type "^p^p" (again, without the quotation
        marks)
        4. Click Replace all

        HTH,

        --
        Geoff Lane
        Cornwall, UK
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2009
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Nash" <chris_1256@...> wrote:

          > I have a number of files that are unspaced "walls of text". Is there a
          > way to have NoteTab automatically insert an extra line break after
          > each existing line break, thus spacing out the paragraphs?

          Maybe you're looking for something more complex, but couldn't you just use the search and find function? Find ^p and replace it with ^p^p.

          gsw