Re: [NTB] Bug still not fixed? and I FOUND IT!

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 3 10:00 AM
      Ugly Me (ugly@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-02-02 at
      15:12):
      > What can I say, Scott? Jody may have been instrumental to this group
      > and to NoteTab in general but we did clash. While I wish it didn't
      > happen, it did, nevertheless. While she probably did everything the
      > way it was meant to be done, I just didn't fit in. Apparently I still
      > don't as evidenced by this recent but ongoing episode. While I saw it
      > as an ongoing bug, to others like yourself, to paraphrase a cliché,
      > it was a "feature." Again my hat goes off to those for whom the issue
      > was quite obvious. In short, Jody was not the problem - I was, and we
      > clashed. I never meant to say it was her fault.

      Hi Ugly ;-)
      If you Google [Unicode2ascii] you will find a number of programs that
      will convert a Unicode file to ascii (with possible information loss if
      they actually HAVE to be Unicode because of special characters they
      contain - but I assume this is not a problem for you).
      I assume that they will process a batch of files - if there is any
      advantage to having your more recent (but still ancient) version of
      Notetab you could run one of the conversion programs after retrieving
      and before editing.

      btw: Jody was a husband, father and grand-father. Not to worry - back in
      2001 when I first used Notetab I made the same mistake.

      iles - if there is any
      advantage to having your more recent (but still ancient) version of
      Notetab you could run one of the conversion programs after retrieving
      and before editing.<br>
      btw: Jody was a husband, father and grand-father. Not to worry - back
      in 2001 when I first used Notetab I made the same mistake.<br>
      <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
      Regards ... Alec (buralex@gmail & WinLiveMess - alec.m.burgess@skype)</pre>