Re: [NTB] Bug still not fixed? and I FOUND IT!

  • Scott Fordin
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 2, 2009
      > Ugly Me wrote:

      I've stayed away from this thread because of the sometimes nasty tone
      it has taken, but I have to say, Ugly Me, that your comment about Jody
      was unjustifiably callous. There are many good people in this group who
      have spent a lot of cycles trying to help you and others, but perhaps
      no one was more generous with his time and patience than Jody. Being a
      "pest" is one thing; being cold and insensitive is quite another.

      Scott
    • Ugly Me
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 2, 2009
        >I've stayed away from this thread because of the sometimes nasty tone
        >it has taken, but I have to say, Ugly Me, that your comment about Jody
        >was unjustifiably callous. There are many good people in this group who
        >have spent a lot of cycles trying to help you and others, but perhaps
        >no one was more generous with his time and patience than Jody. Being a
        >"pest" is one thing; being cold and insensitive is quite another.

        What can I say, Scott? Jody may have been instrumental to this group and to NoteTab in general but we did clash. While I wish it didn't happen, it did, nevertheless. While she probably did everything the way it was meant to be done, I just didn't fit in. Apparently I still don't as evidenced by this recent but ongoing episode. While I saw it as an ongoing bug, to others like yourself, to paraphrase a cliché, it was a "feature." Again my hat goes off to those for whom the issue was quite obvious. In short, Jody was not the problem - I was, and we clashed. I never meant to say it was her fault.

        .

      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 3, 2009
          Ugly Me (ugly@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-02-02 at
          15:12):
          > What can I say, Scott? Jody may have been instrumental to this group
          > and to NoteTab in general but we did clash. While I wish it didn't
          > happen, it did, nevertheless. While she probably did everything the
          > way it was meant to be done, I just didn't fit in. Apparently I still
          > don't as evidenced by this recent but ongoing episode. While I saw it
          > as an ongoing bug, to others like yourself, to paraphrase a cliché,
          > it was a "feature." Again my hat goes off to those for whom the issue
          > was quite obvious. In short, Jody was not the problem - I was, and we
          > clashed. I never meant to say it was her fault.

          Hi Ugly ;-)
          If you Google [Unicode2ascii] you will find a number of programs that
          will convert a Unicode file to ascii (with possible information loss if
          they actually HAVE to be Unicode because of special characters they
          contain - but I assume this is not a problem for you).
          I assume that they will process a batch of files - if there is any
          advantage to having your more recent (but still ancient) version of
          Notetab you could run one of the conversion programs after retrieving
          and before editing.

          btw: Jody was a husband, father and grand-father. Not to worry - back in
          2001 when I first used Notetab I made the same mistake.

          iles - if there is any
          advantage to having your more recent (but still ancient) version of
          Notetab you could run one of the conversion programs after retrieving
          and before editing.<br>
          btw: Jody was a husband, father and grand-father. Not to worry - back
          in 2001 when I first used Notetab I made the same mistake.<br>
          <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
          Regards ... Alec (buralex@gmail & WinLiveMess - alec.m.burgess@skype)</pre>