Re: [NTB] open-file tab displayed in green

  • loro
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
      Bruce.wrote:
      >Pretty hard to contemplate that I could have typed Shift+Ctrl+P
      >inadvertently while entering text. That would require two hands!

      Periodically I manage to trigger Auto-replace Mode quite frequently.
      That's Alt+T down down down Enter and requires three hands! Frankly,
      I sometimes suspect there are hidden keyboard shortcuts.

      Lotta
    • Hugo Paulissen
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
        You might have hit SHIFT+CTRL+P (the green tab indicates that the doc is used as "paste-board"). Text that is copied is automatically pasted at the end of the file.
        You can switch it off by using the same keyboard-combination or by going to Document/Use as Paste Board.

        Hugo

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008
          Bruce,

          Pasteboard can be triggered/toggled three ways, always for the
          current document.

          SHIFT+CTRL+P
          Document menu
          Toolbar icon.

          By default the toolbar icon sits between "Decrease Font Size" and
          "Spell Check".

          If you accidentally miss-click either of those, you might activate the
          pasteboard.

          A fourth way is by clip, which may be a side-effect.

          Eb

        • bruce.somers@web.de
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008

            It's pretty hard to believe that I could have done any of those while entering text data, even with a very annoying notebook keyboard.

            I tend toward Lotta's idea that there is some far too simple keyboard shortcut.

            Bruce
          • ebbtidalflats
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008
              Don't blame NoteTab, blame your Notebook!

              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, bruce.somers@... wrote:
              > It's pretty hard to believe that I could have done any of those
              while entering text data, even with a very annoying notebook keyboard.

              > I tend toward Lotta's idea that there is some far too simple
              keyboard shortcut.

              Many Notebooks have TWO possible Gremlins:

              The mouse pad in two-hand mode, and the mouse pad's margins.

              1. If you keep your left hand close to the pad,
              while your right hand moves the mouse, BOTH
              fingers influence the mousepad.

              2. But much more likely, many notebooks have
              shortcuts assigned to the margins of the
              mouse pad. If not disabled, these margins
              may well be the source of your problem.

              Eb