Re: [NTB] open-file tab displayed in green

  • Bruce Meyers
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
      It is set up as a "pasteboard"  Go to Documents and look near the botton for
      "use as pasteboard" and click on it. It is a toggle:click on it and it turns on, click on
      it again and it turns off.  It is handy tool at times. Whatever you put on the clipboard
      also goes to the Pasteboard.

      The View ->Options->TabBar shows you that the color green is used for Pasteboard,but you can change the color if you choose.

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
        > > Oh my! What does it indicate, when the tab for one of the open files is displayed in green?
        > >
        > It means that you activated the "PasteBoard" feature for that tab. Until
        > you turn it off, anything you copy into the Windows Clipboard will
        > automatically be pasted onto the "green" tab.
        >
        > Marcelo

        Pretty hard to contemplate that I could have typed Shift+Ctrl+P inadvertently while entering text. That would require two hands!

        Bruce
      • loro
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
          Bruce.wrote:
          >Pretty hard to contemplate that I could have typed Shift+Ctrl+P
          >inadvertently while entering text. That would require two hands!

          Periodically I manage to trigger Auto-replace Mode quite frequently.
          That's Alt+T down down down Enter and requires three hands! Frankly,
          I sometimes suspect there are hidden keyboard shortcuts.

          Lotta
        • Hugo Paulissen
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
            You might have hit SHIFT+CTRL+P (the green tab indicates that the doc is used as "paste-board"). Text that is copied is automatically pasted at the end of the file.
            You can switch it off by using the same keyboard-combination or by going to Document/Use as Paste Board.

            Hugo

            ________________________________
            Oh my! What does it indicate, when the tab for one of the open files is displayed in green?

            What is NoteTab trying to tell me?

            Bruce

          • ebbtidalflats
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008
              Bruce,

              Pasteboard can be triggered/toggled three ways, always for the
              current document.

              SHIFT+CTRL+P
              Document menu
              Toolbar icon.

              By default the toolbar icon sits between "Decrease Font Size" and
              "Spell Check".

              If you accidentally miss-click either of those, you might activate the
              pasteboard.

              A fourth way is by clip, which may be a side-effect.

              Eb

            • bruce.somers@web.de
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008

                It's pretty hard to believe that I could have done any of those while entering text data, even with a very annoying notebook keyboard.

                I tend toward Lotta's idea that there is some far too simple keyboard shortcut.

                Bruce
              • ebbtidalflats
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008
                  Don't blame NoteTab, blame your Notebook!

                  --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, bruce.somers@... wrote:
                  > It's pretty hard to believe that I could have done any of those
                  while entering text data, even with a very annoying notebook keyboard.

                  > I tend toward Lotta's idea that there is some far too simple
                  keyboard shortcut.

                  Many Notebooks have TWO possible Gremlins:

                  The mouse pad in two-hand mode, and the mouse pad's margins.

                  1. If you keep your left hand close to the pad,
                  while your right hand moves the mouse, BOTH
                  fingers influence the mousepad.

                  2. But much more likely, many notebooks have
                  shortcuts assigned to the margins of the
                  mouse pad. If not disabled, these margins
                  may well be the source of your problem.

                  Eb