Re: [NTB] open-file tab displayed in green

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
      Hi
      open up notetab goto options\tabbar select the colors.
      THANKYOU DAVE M

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
        It is set up as a "pasteboard"  Go to Documents and look near the botton for
        "use as pasteboard" and click on it. It is a toggle:click on it and it turns on, click on
        it again and it turns off.  It is handy tool at times. Whatever you put on the clipboard
        also goes to the Pasteboard.

        The View ->Options->TabBar shows you that the color green is used for Pasteboard,but you can change the color if you choose.

      • bruce.somers@web.de
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
          > > Oh my! What does it indicate, when the tab for one of the open files is displayed in green?
          > >
          > It means that you activated the "PasteBoard" feature for that tab. Until
          > you turn it off, anything you copy into the Windows Clipboard will
          > automatically be pasted onto the "green" tab.
          >
          > Marcelo

          Pretty hard to contemplate that I could have typed Shift+Ctrl+P inadvertently while entering text. That would require two hands!

          Bruce
        • loro
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
            Bruce.wrote:
            >Pretty hard to contemplate that I could have typed Shift+Ctrl+P
            >inadvertently while entering text. That would require two hands!

            Periodically I manage to trigger Auto-replace Mode quite frequently.
            That's Alt+T down down down Enter and requires three hands! Frankly,
            I sometimes suspect there are hidden keyboard shortcuts.

            Lotta
          • Hugo Paulissen
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
              You might have hit SHIFT+CTRL+P (the green tab indicates that the doc is used as "paste-board"). Text that is copied is automatically pasted at the end of the file.
              You can switch it off by using the same keyboard-combination or by going to Document/Use as Paste Board.

              Hugo

              ________________________________
              Oh my! What does it indicate, when the tab for one of the open files is displayed in green?

              What is NoteTab trying to tell me?

              Bruce

            • ebbtidalflats
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008
                Bruce,

                Pasteboard can be triggered/toggled three ways, always for the
                current document.

                SHIFT+CTRL+P
                Document menu
                Toolbar icon.

                By default the toolbar icon sits between "Decrease Font Size" and
                "Spell Check".

                If you accidentally miss-click either of those, you might activate the
                pasteboard.

                A fourth way is by clip, which may be a side-effect.

                Eb

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008

                  It's pretty hard to believe that I could have done any of those while entering text data, even with a very annoying notebook keyboard.

                  I tend toward Lotta's idea that there is some far too simple keyboard shortcut.

                  Bruce
                • ebbtidalflats
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008
                    Don't blame NoteTab, blame your Notebook!

                    --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, bruce.somers@... wrote:
                    > It's pretty hard to believe that I could have done any of those
                    while entering text data, even with a very annoying notebook keyboard.

                    > I tend toward Lotta's idea that there is some far too simple
                    keyboard shortcut.

                    Many Notebooks have TWO possible Gremlins:

                    The mouse pad in two-hand mode, and the mouse pad's margins.

                    1. If you keep your left hand close to the pad,
                    while your right hand moves the mouse, BOTH
                    fingers influence the mousepad.

                    2. But much more likely, many notebooks have
                    shortcuts assigned to the margins of the
                    mouse pad. If not disabled, these margins
                    may well be the source of your problem.

                    Eb