open-file tab displayed in green

  • bruce.somers@web.de
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
      Oh my! What does it indicate, when the tab for one of the open files is displayed in green?

      What is NoteTab trying to tell me?

      Bruce
    • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
        Interviewed by CNN on 9/12/2008 10:22, bruce.somers@... told the world:
        > Oh my! What does it indicate, when the tab for one of the open files is displayed in green?
        >
        > What is NoteTab trying to tell me?

        It means that you activated the "PasteBoard" feature for that tab. Until
        you turn it off, anything you copy into the Windows Clipboard will
        automatically be pasted onto the "green" tab.

        Marcelo

        -=-=-
        Higher Versions, more bugs found...
        * TagZilla 0.066 on Seamonkey 1.1.13
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
          Hi
          open up notetab goto options\tabbar select the colors.
          THANKYOU DAVE M

          > Oh my! What does it indicate, when the tab for one of the open files is
          > displayed in green?
          >
          > What is NoteTab trying to tell me?
          >
          > Bruce

        • Bruce Meyers
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
            It is set up as a "pasteboard"  Go to Documents and look near the botton for
            "use as pasteboard" and click on it. It is a toggle:click on it and it turns on, click on
            it again and it turns off.  It is handy tool at times. Whatever you put on the clipboard
            also goes to the Pasteboard.

            The View ->Options->TabBar shows you that the color green is used for Pasteboard,but you can change the color if you choose.

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
              > > Oh my! What does it indicate, when the tab for one of the open files is displayed in green?
              > >
              > It means that you activated the "PasteBoard" feature for that tab. Until
              > you turn it off, anything you copy into the Windows Clipboard will
              > automatically be pasted onto the "green" tab.
              >
              > Marcelo

              Pretty hard to contemplate that I could have typed Shift+Ctrl+P inadvertently while entering text. That would require two hands!

              Bruce
            • loro
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
                Bruce.wrote:
                >Pretty hard to contemplate that I could have typed Shift+Ctrl+P
                >inadvertently while entering text. That would require two hands!

                Periodically I manage to trigger Auto-replace Mode quite frequently.
                That's Alt+T down down down Enter and requires three hands! Frankly,
                I sometimes suspect there are hidden keyboard shortcuts.

                Lotta
              • Hugo Paulissen
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
                  You might have hit SHIFT+CTRL+P (the green tab indicates that the doc is used as "paste-board"). Text that is copied is automatically pasted at the end of the file.
                  You can switch it off by using the same keyboard-combination or by going to Document/Use as Paste Board.

                  Hugo

                  ________________________________
                  Oh my! What does it indicate, when the tab for one of the open files is displayed in green?

                  What is NoteTab trying to tell me?

                  Bruce

                • ebbtidalflats
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008
                    Bruce,

                    Pasteboard can be triggered/toggled three ways, always for the
                    current document.

                    SHIFT+CTRL+P
                    Document menu
                    Toolbar icon.

                    By default the toolbar icon sits between "Decrease Font Size" and
                    "Spell Check".

                    If you accidentally miss-click either of those, you might activate the
                    pasteboard.

                    A fourth way is by clip, which may be a side-effect.

                    Eb

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008

                      It's pretty hard to believe that I could have done any of those while entering text data, even with a very annoying notebook keyboard.

                      I tend toward Lotta's idea that there is some far too simple keyboard shortcut.

                      Bruce
                    • ebbtidalflats
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008
                        Don't blame NoteTab, blame your Notebook!

                        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, bruce.somers@... wrote:
                        > It's pretty hard to believe that I could have done any of those
                        while entering text data, even with a very annoying notebook keyboard.

                        > I tend toward Lotta's idea that there is some far too simple
                        keyboard shortcut.

                        Many Notebooks have TWO possible Gremlins:

                        The mouse pad in two-hand mode, and the mouse pad's margins.

                        1. If you keep your left hand close to the pad,
                        while your right hand moves the mouse, BOTH
                        fingers influence the mousepad.

                        2. But much more likely, many notebooks have
                        shortcuts assigned to the margins of the
                        mouse pad. If not disabled, these margins
                        may well be the source of your problem.

                        Eb