Inadvertent key-presses

  • bruce.somers@web.de
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 21, 2008
      When I am entering data, I sometimes inadvertently hit a key or combination of keys, that causes the entire text being entered to scroll slowly all the way to the end. Extremely exasperating! Does anyone know what key combination is involved?

      It should be possible to disable the processing of arbitrary, inadvertent key-presses during data entry. Is it?

      Bruce
    • loro
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 21, 2008
        bruce.somers@... wrote:
        >When I am entering data, I sometimes inadvertently hit a key or
        >combination of keys, that causes the entire text being entered to
        >scroll slowly all the way to the end. Extremely exasperating! Does
        >anyone know what key combination is involved?

        Sounds like Auto Scroll. But you'd have to hit Alt+T A Spacebar,
        which isn't something one does by accident, me thinks. Could you have
        configured your own hotkeys for that function?

        Lotta
      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 21, 2008
          loro wrote:
          > bruce.somers@... wrote:
          >> When I am entering data, I sometimes inadvertently hit a key or
          >> combination of keys, that causes the entire text being entered to
          >> scroll slowly all the way to the end. Extremely exasperating! Does
          >> anyone know what key combination is involved?
          >
          > Sounds like Auto Scroll. But you'd have to hit Alt+T A Spacebar,
          > which isn't something one does by accident, me thinks. Could you have
          > configured your own hotkeys for that function?
          >
          > Lotta

          I didn't even know there was such a thing.

          I would say that it is easy to get up a dialog with a clip wizard, enter
          info in the boxes, test the info to see if it makes sense and hit enter.

          Show us two records and the info you expect in them and we can do it I
          think.

          Don
        • bruce.somers@web.de
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 21, 2008
            Von: "loro" <loro-spam01-@...>

            > Sounds like Auto Scroll. But you'd have to hit Alt+T A Spacebar,
            > which isn't something one does by accident, me thinks. Could you
            > have configured your own hotkeys for that function?
            >
            > Lotta

            Alt+T+Spacebar? Wow! I would have to be a practiced pianist!

            I wonder if it is perhaps something that my browser does. Needs more observation.

            Thanks, Bruce
          • loro
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 21, 2008
              bruce.somers@... wrote:
              >Alt+T+Spacebar? Wow! I would have to be a practiced pianist!

              Alt+T *A* Spacebar. :-)

              Does Auto Scroll look like what you see when your fingers fumble though?

              Lotta