Re: [NTB] "Hanging" context menus in "NoteTab Light" (5.7b)

  • lowellaguno
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 20, 2008
      Hey Alec:

      Thanks for your response.

      I'm unfortunately all too familiar with the issues with Win98 which
      you described. That's why I have routine reboots in the course of
      working with that PC. I also make it a point not to run too many apps
      simultaneously or have many apps running in the background.

      The problem with "hanging" context menus (as I described in my
      original post) isn't resolved through reboots - whether warm or cold. :(

      You've run into this on 2K and XP? Hope my laptop (with XP) doesn't
      "pick up" this problem!

      Still looking for a solution though. Anyone else, feel free to chime in.

      -Lowe

      -----
      Hi Lowell

      Its been a couple of years since I used any of the Win9x line. Usually
      that kind of problem occurs when the computer is running more than it
      can handle. This is exacerbated by Win9x's tendency to permanently
      loose particular kinds of memory resources.

      I've seen this in other programs too even on Win2K and WinXP.

      When I was running Win98 it was necessary to reboot several times a
      day just with normal usage. Does the problem appear if you reboot and
      immediately run Notetab Light or only after some period of use or it
      and other programs?

      --Regards ... Alec (buralex@gmail & WinLiveMess - alec.m.burgess@skype)

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:
      lowellaguno (lowellaguno@...) wrote (in part) (on 2008-11-17 at 13:29):

      This is regarding "NoteTab Light" (v5.7b):

      When using the context menu (right-clicking in text window) for the
      CUT/COPY/PASTE and SELECT ALL/COPY ALL functions, the context menu
      does not disappear after left-clicking on the desired function. A
      second left-click outside the context menu box is needed for the box
      to disappear.

      This problem began fairly recently. Before that, there was no problem
      using the context menu. I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling the
      app. This didn't resolve the problem. This problematic installation of
      NoteTab is on an older desktop PC running Win 98SE.

      Other than this issue, NoteTab Light functions perfectly. I also have
      the app installed on a laptop (running Win XP) with no issues with the
      context menu "hanging".

      Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?