Re: [NTB] Re: I've lost outline headings

  • Keya
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 12, 2008
      Hi Eb,

      Thanks for the suggestion... didn't work though :(

      Keya

      At 01:43 PM 11/12/2008, you electronically transmitted:
      >Hi Keya,
      >
      >Here is what I would do to resurrect a defective outline file:
      >
      >1. create a new, empty document.
      >2. import the defective outline
      > Document menu-->Insert File--> path & name of defective file
      >3. SAVE AS (file menu), give a new name. I.e. "copy of oldname.otl"
      >3. Reload the file (Edit-->reload)
      >

      >Good luck.
      >

      >Eb
      >

      >--- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Keya <groups@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > on. Then I noticed that my headings were gone. The file still has
      > > the .otl extension and I've tried to close/open/reboot and nothing
      > > has helped. I have several other Outline documents in NTP which
      > > weren't effected.

    • loro
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 12, 2008
        Keya wrote:
        >Thanks for the suggestion... didn't work though :(

        Are you sure the header line hasn't be altered? Paste a new one in
        just to make sure. Are there blank lines under that line and under
        each heading (h="")?

        Lotta
      • Keya
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 12, 2008
          IT WORKED, IT WORKED, IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          Thanks so much Lotta, I don't know how to repay you.... I have all my
          info back now :)

          Keya *doing the 'happy, happy, joy, joy' dance*

          At 02:27 PM 11/12/2008, you electronically transmitted:
          >Keya wrote:
          > >Thanks for the suggestion... didn't work though :(
          >
          >Are you sure the header line hasn't be altered? Paste a new one in
          >just to make sure. Are there blank lines under that line and under
          >each heading (h="")?
          >
          >Lotta

        • loro
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 12, 2008
            Keya wrote:
            >Keya *doing the 'happy, happy, joy, joy' dance*

            LOL Let us know if you ever find out how it happened. :-)

            Lotta
          • Keya
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 12, 2008
              Well... it really didn't quite happen as I thought it did, but I did
              discover something a bit irritating about Vista.... or rather my
              memory of where and how files are are stored in Vista....

              The file I thought was fixed, was actually one that wasn't messed up
              in the first place. It was an old file that got saved under a
              different directory in C: Users... instead of C: Program Files,
              etc... this particular file had not been updated since June 7th, this
              year, but at least the headings were in tact and the OTL seemed
              ok. I just opened the OTL that got screwed up and copy and pasted
              all the latest editing. *sigh*

              I checked the file size of the old OTL and the new, or screwed up
              one, and found a lot of difference. The old OTL was over 3MB where
              the screwed up one was only a few hundred K.... go figure... but at
              least I have my outline back to semi-normal!

              Keya
              P.S. Is anyone else getting a "form" response from Yahoo! Search
              Marketing in response to every post, or is it just me?

              At 03:24 PM 11/12/2008, you electronically transmitted:
              >Keya wrote:
              > >Keya *doing the 'happy, happy, joy, joy' dance*
              >
              >LOL Let us know if you ever find out how it happened. :-)
              >
              >Lotta

            • Julie G
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 12, 2008
                Hi Keya,

                It seems every post is getting that message. I've written yahoogroups
                about this, this afternoon. Hopefully they can figure out where its
                generating from.

                Julie

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 12, 2008
                  Thanks Julie... was wondering if I screwed up something else today...
                  glad to know it wasn't me!

                  Keya

                  At 04:01 PM 11/12/2008, you electronically transmitted: