Re: Calculation clip doing crazy calculations

  • ebbtidalflats
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2008
      Swiss X,

      I don't ordinarily reply to such confused requests. But the bad math
      came through clearly.

      Most of your problems come from the middle of the three lines I offer
      a replacement for. But the remainder of your code needs some heavy
      gardening as well. I'll leave that up to you.

      In your code, replace the 3 lines of paypal calculation:

      ^!Set %Paypal%=^$Calc((^%Tix%+^%Postage%)*0.05);2)$
      ^!If "^%Paypal%" < "4.00" Next ELSE Skip_1
      ^!Set %Paypal%=^$Calc(4*1)$

      with:

      ^!Set %paypal%=^$Calc(max(4.00;(^%Tix%+^%Postage%)*0.05);2)$

      Not that you need it above, but if you're going to assign the product
      of two constants to a variable, why not just assign the product as a
      constant?

      ^!Set %paypal%=4
      instead of
      ^!Set %Paypal%=^$Calc(4*1)$

      Eb

      PS, outside of Switzerland, when someone signs their mail with 'X',
      they usually have to provide a witness to the signature.
    • helvetica_switzerland
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 21, 2010
        Hi ebbtidalflats
        After a year and a bit more (well, time passes quickly) I only just noticed the last line of your reply:

        > PS, outside of Switzerland, when someone signs their mail with 'X',
        > they usually have to provide a witness to the signature.

        The xxx was meant as three kisses for any help, not a sign of
        anonymity. Sorry it was misunderstood.

        I am still struggling with this blasted clip, it seems to have a life of its own, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I do wish someone would write a Paypal Wizard for Thunderbird. I have been using the one for Outlook but I don't like Outlook.

        Thanks for your help in 2008.
      • ebbtidalflats
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2010
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "helvetica_switzerland" <z7dane@...> wrote:

          > Hi ebbtidalflats
          > After a year and a bit more (well, time passes quickly) I only just noticed the last line of your reply:
          >
          > > PS, outside of Switzerland, when someone signs their mail with 'X',
          > > they usually have to provide a witness to the signature.
          >
          > The xxx was meant as three kisses for any help, not a sign of
          > anonymity. Sorry it was misunderstood.

          Though I had no idea what your XXX 'variable' stood for at the time, I'm sure I was just making a joke.

          Eb