Re: [NTB] Is there a clip to adjust the tab size?

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2008
      Brother Gabriel-Marie wrote:
      > Hi all! This is my second topic ever on NoteTab. I love NoteTab and I
      > always skim all the NoteTab email.
      >
      > Is there a way to use a clip to set the tab-size (its in the Document
      > Tab of the Options panel) to oh, say, 16 and then to reset it when I am
      > finished? I need to do this for my project, but I hate to think it must
      > be done manually.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > -Brother Gabriel-Marie

      Hello Brother,

      I have copied this to the clips list in hopes that it may provide you
      some help. It is probably beyond the scope of the main group's topic area.

      I find that the tab size is controlled in the ini file.

      You will find that most settings for notetab can be controlled/saved in
      the initialization file that is located in most installs today under the
      following:
      user/application data/notetab

      You are looking for notepro.ini or some equivalent depending on your
      version.

      These lines are contained in it:
      TabSize=16
      TabType=1

      I think you will find that size is self explainatory.
      Tab Type is 0=real, 1=fixed, 2=smart I believe.

      There are several directions you can go now ...

      You can of course manually set tab types and sizes under
      view/options/documents.
      You can create a custom ini file and use that for some purposes.
      You can (I think) change the ini file directly using clip code.

      I would suggest that all future responses be only to the clips list.
      Are you a member of that?
    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2008
        Well Brother,

        On answer already suggested an approach. What you need to do is read
        up on ^!SetIniFile. This command lets you change to a different set
        of configurations from a clip.

        Use your start-up ini file as your default.
        Create a second set of parameters (no need to limit yourself to the
        tab size), then SAVE these setting to a different INI file.

        Finally, while you are running your project, change to the ini file
        that has your different tab setting.

        When you're done, change back to the default ini.

        While you're at it, look up ^!ProgIniLoad, ^!ProgIniSave. These are
        tougher to understand, but they let you change the CURRENT ini file on
        the fly.

        Cheers,

        Eb

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Brother Gabriel-Marie <brgabriel@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi all! This is my second topic ever on NoteTab. I love NoteTab and I
        > always skim all the NoteTab email.
        >
        > Is there a way to use a clip to set the tab-size (its in the Document
        > Tab of the Options panel) to oh, say, 16 and then to reset it when I am
        > finished? I need to do this for my project, but I hate to think it
        must
        > be done manually.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > -Brother Gabriel-Marie

      • Brother Gabriel-Marie
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 19, 2008
          Thanks a bushel. I will try that. I saw options to adjust the ini, but
          never thought to change the tabs there. Thanks.