How to delete a carriage return?

  • Brother Gabriel-Marie
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2008
      Hi all!
      This should have a simple answer, but I can't figure it out.
      In my clip, I have told it to
      ^!InsertText ^%Tab%

      But then I want it to delete the carriage Return that follows the tab.
      Can I do this without using:
      ^!Keyboard DELETE

      ?

      Thanks!
      - Brother Gabriel-Marie
    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2008
        Brother Gabriel-Marie,

        Yes, there are many ways, here is one that works on both Dow/Windows
        files AND Unix/Linux files:

        ^!InsertText ^%Tab%
        ^!Set %row%=^$GetRow$
        ^!Inc %row%
        ^!SelectTo ^%row%:1
        ^!Menu Edit/Cut

        Here is a different approach is to use REPLACE the End-of-line with
        the TAB you want to insert (this version worls on Windows only):

        ^!Replace "^%nl%" >> "^%TAB%" TIHS

        Regards,

        Eb

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Brother Gabriel-Marie <brgabriel@...>