Is there a clip to adjust the tab size?

  • Brother Gabriel-Marie
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2008
      Hi all! This is my second topic ever on NoteTab. I love NoteTab and I
      always skim all the NoteTab email.

      Is there a way to use a clip to set the tab-size (its in the Document
      Tab of the Options panel) to oh, say, 16 and then to reset it when I am
      finished? I need to do this for my project, but I hate to think it must
      be done manually.

      Thanks!

      -Brother Gabriel-Marie
    • Brian Mailman
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2008
        Brother Gabriel-Marie wrote:
        > Hi all! This is my second topic ever on NoteTab. I love NoteTab and
        > I always skim all the NoteTab email.
        >
        > Is there a way to use a clip to set the tab-size (its in the Document
        > Tab of the Options panel) to oh, say, 16 and then to reset it when I
        > am finished? I need to do this for my project, but I hate to think
        > it must be done manually.

        You might want to ask on the Clip List, also on Yahoogroups.

        B/
      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 10, 2008
          Brother Gabriel-Marie wrote:
          > Hi all! This is my second topic ever on NoteTab. I love NoteTab and I
          > always skim all the NoteTab email.
          >
          > Is there a way to use a clip to set the tab-size (its in the Document
          > Tab of the Options panel) to oh, say, 16 and then to reset it when I am
          > finished? I need to do this for my project, but I hate to think it must
          > be done manually.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > -Brother Gabriel-Marie

          Hello Brother,

          I have copied this to the clips list in hopes that it may provide you
          some help. It is probably beyond the scope of the main group's topic area.

          I find that the tab size is controlled in the ini file.

          You will find that most settings for notetab can be controlled/saved in
          the initialization file that is located in most installs today under the
          following:
          user/application data/notetab

          You are looking for notepro.ini or some equivalent depending on your
          version.

          These lines are contained in it:
          TabSize=16
          TabType=1

          I think you will find that size is self explainatory.
          Tab Type is 0=real, 1=fixed, 2=smart I believe.

          There are several directions you can go now ...

          You can of course manually set tab types and sizes under
          view/options/documents.
          You can create a custom ini file and use that for some purposes.
          You can (I think) change the ini file directly using clip code.

          I would suggest that all future responses be only to the clips list.
          Are you a member of that?
        • ebbtidalflats
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 10, 2008
            Well Brother,

            On answer already suggested an approach. What you need to do is read
            up on ^!SetIniFile. This command lets you change to a different set
            of configurations from a clip.

            Use your start-up ini file as your default.
            Create a second set of parameters (no need to limit yourself to the
            tab size), then SAVE these setting to a different INI file.

            Finally, while you are running your project, change to the ini file
            that has your different tab setting.

            When you're done, change back to the default ini.

            While you're at it, look up ^!ProgIniLoad, ^!ProgIniSave. These are
            tougher to understand, but they let you change the CURRENT ini file on
            the fly.

            Cheers,

            Eb

            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Brother Gabriel-Marie <brgabriel@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi all! This is my second topic ever on NoteTab. I love NoteTab and I
            > always skim all the NoteTab email.
            >
            > Is there a way to use a clip to set the tab-size (its in the Document
            > Tab of the Options panel) to oh, say, 16 and then to reset it when I am
            > finished? I need to do this for my project, but I hate to think it
            must
            > be done manually.
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > -Brother Gabriel-Marie

          • Brother Gabriel-Marie
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 19, 2008
              Thanks a bushel. I will try that. I saw options to adjust the ini, but
              never thought to change the tabs there. Thanks.