Re: [NTB] Cntrl-Tab

  • LB
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2008
      Hey Don,
      thanks for thinking of me!  I had forgotten about asking that.

      Guess I should have thought of trying that. I can often use
      the ^-tab to get from last tab back over to first tab, that
      will help alot. Your answer will also help if I'm at first
      tab and want to get to the last tab. Both those will be very
      handy; many thanks for sending the info.

      What I really want is to have a button above the two arrows,
      like a double arrow, that will move a whole page full of
      tabs at once, since I have, I guess, 40 files open. Arrowing
      over one at a time is frustrating.

      Best regards,
      and thanks again,
      Len

      PS   the previous question, about selecting a column, that has helped me
      immensely; I have lost track of how many times I've used that since you
      all helped me with that.

      Re: Question on column

      Posted by: "Don Daugherty"
      ddaugherty@...

      dondaugherty2001

      Tue Nov 4, 2008 3:32 pm (PST)

      LB wrote:

      > Oh, just thought of another question!!

      > If get a lot of files in the tabs, is there any way to quickly get over to a file at

      > the first tab? Then back to the last tab?

      > I get back to the last tab by clicking New, then close the new file, but haven't found

      > any way to get to the beginning tab.

      I didn't see any replies to your "another question" so I'll suggest this:

      When you have multiple file-tabs you can go forward to the next file-tab

      by pressing Ctrl+Tab

      or backward to the previous file-tab by pressing Shift+Ctrl+Tab.

      AND, this process wraps-around.

      Hence, when you are on the first-file-tab, Shift+Ctrl+Tab takes you

      directly "backward" to the last-file-tab, and

      when you are on the last-file-tab, Ctrl+Tab takes you directly "forward"

      to the first-file-tab.

      See if this does what you wanted.

    • loro
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2008
        LB wrote:
        >What I really want is to have a button above the two arrows,
        >like a double arrow, that will move a whole page full of
        >tabs at once, since I have, I guess, 40 files open. Arrowing
        >over one at a time is frustrating.

        You have them stacked? I think that would be hard to do, because I
        don't think there is a way to (programmatically) know what tabs are
        in a tab row.

        Lotta
      • L Bickley
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2008
          > You have them stacked?

          I do now!!!!!!!!!
          Once you poke me in the right direction, I looked it up in
          help, and now I have them stacked.
          Thanks for the help.

          The answers on this group have helped me so much.
          Many thanks,
          Len