Command line to open a heading in OTL

  • orkgandalf
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2008
      Hi there! I'm looking for a way to automate opening of one .otl file
      on one specific heading. Example: I have a list of contacts in one
      .otl file where each contact is one heading.

      As I use Windows launcher mostly (Executor) I'd like to have some
      keywords in the launcher to launch the otl file and directly open that
      heading i'm looking for, which, in this case, will be one contact.

      Let me know if you ever tried that.

      Thanks,

      Ork.
    • lm_hamilton
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2008
        While clips are beyond the basic list, this request falls within how
        to do a certain NoteTab command line.

        From Help:
        Notetab.exe /L=LibraryName:RunClip

        Create a clip and put it in a library that is activate with NoteTab's
        command line parameters.

        Use the ^!Open command to open the outline file, followed by the
        ^!TopicShow command.

        For specifics on a clip to do this, take it to the clips list.

        Say the clip is in MyLibrary.clb, and the clip is called MyClip, and
        the outline is called My.otl with the heading MyHeading, use the
        following NoteTab command line.

        NoteTab.exe /L=MyLibrary:MyClip

        HTH,

        Larry Hamilton