Re: [NTB] Question on column

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 7, 2008
      Don - HtmlFixIt.com (don@...) wrote (in part) (on 2008-10-07
      at 07:10):
      > sisterscape wrote:
      > > That is so friggin' cool! Now if I can just remember when the need
      > arises . . .

      I put the four "block" buttons (copy/cut/delete/paste) on the toolbar
      next to regular copy and paste as a reminder that the block functions
      exist. I don't need them often but when I do it saves having to go to
      something like PsPad where the block support is better visualized.

      > > --- On Mon, 10/6/08, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:
      > >> Do you mean you have something like the below and want to
      > >> copy just
      > >> the aaaaa column?
      > >>
      > >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
      > >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
      > >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
      > >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
      > >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

    • loro
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 7, 2008
        sisterscape wrote:
        >That is so friggin' cool! Now if I can just remember when the need
        >arises . . .

        It's in Help. Just read that from beginning to end each week and
        you're all set! ;-)

        Jokes aside, I think I maybe made it sound like you have to make the
        selection exactly like that, from top let to bottom right. That's not
        so. You can do it the other way around if you prefer. As long as you
        create an invisible diagonal Notetab can use it'll work. For
        example, if you want the leftmost column as in this case, it may be
        easier to start at the bottom-right.because you can then go all the
        way to the top-left without having to be so careful.

        Lotta
      • LB
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 7, 2008
          It's so easy !!!!!!

          This will save me tons of time.
          Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

          Re: Question on column

          Posted by: "loro"
          loro-spam01-@...

          yastupidhoo

          Mon Oct 6, 2008 6:23 pm (PDT)

        • loro
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 7, 2008
            LB wrote:
            >It's so easy !!!!!!
            >
            >This will save me tons of time.
            >Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

            Told you it was easy! Don't forget about the option to manually enter
            the coordinates. That IS easier with long and narrow columns in the
            middle of text.

            You are welcome. :-)
            Lotta
          • Don Daugherty
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 4, 2008
              LB wrote:
              > Oh, just thought of another question!!
              > If get a lot of files in the tabs, is there any way to quickly get over to a file at
              > the first tab? Then back to the last tab?
              >
              > I get back to the last tab by clicking New, then close the new file, but haven't found
              > any way to get to the beginning tab.
              I didn't see any replies to your "another question" so I'll suggest this:

              When you have multiple file-tabs you can go forward to the next file-tab
              by pressing Ctrl+Tab
              or backward to the previous file-tab by pressing Shift+Ctrl+Tab.
              AND, this process wraps-around.
              Hence, when you are on the first-file-tab, Shift+Ctrl+Tab takes you
              directly "backward" to the last-file-tab, and
              when you are on the last-file-tab, Ctrl+Tab takes you directly "forward"
              to the first-file-tab.

              See if this does what you wanted.