Re: [NTB] Question on column

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 7, 2008
      sisterscape wrote:
      > That is so friggin' cool! Now if I can just remember when the need arises . . .
      >

      > --- On Mon, 10/6/08, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:
      >> Do you mean you have something like the below and want to
      >> copy just
      >> the aaaaa column?
      >>
      >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
      >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
      >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
      >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
      >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
      >>
      >> Put the cursor in front of the first a on the first line.
      >> Hold down

      Always an aha moment. It is a display problem, not a functionality
      problem. I remember pretty well, although occaisionally I have to add a
      long line just after the end to get it done because if that line is
      short I cannot get to the right column.

      For example below because the last a column is short two characters, I
      cannot copy the a's, so I have to add another line below it or add
      spaces to pad it to get my desired outcome.

      >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
      >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
      >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
      >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
      >> aaa
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 7, 2008
        Don - HtmlFixIt.com (don@...) wrote (in part) (on 2008-10-07
        at 07:10):
        > sisterscape wrote:
        > > That is so friggin' cool! Now if I can just remember when the need
        > arises . . .

        I put the four "block" buttons (copy/cut/delete/paste) on the toolbar
        next to regular copy and paste as a reminder that the block functions
        exist. I don't need them often but when I do it saves having to go to
        something like PsPad where the block support is better visualized.

        > > --- On Mon, 10/6/08, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:
        > >> Do you mean you have something like the below and want to
        > >> copy just
        > >> the aaaaa column?
        > >>
        > >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
        > >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
        > >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
        > >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
        > >> aaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

      • loro
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 7, 2008
          sisterscape wrote:
          >That is so friggin' cool! Now if I can just remember when the need
          >arises . . .

          It's in Help. Just read that from beginning to end each week and
          you're all set! ;-)

          Jokes aside, I think I maybe made it sound like you have to make the
          selection exactly like that, from top let to bottom right. That's not
          so. You can do it the other way around if you prefer. As long as you
          create an invisible diagonal Notetab can use it'll work. For
          example, if you want the leftmost column as in this case, it may be
          easier to start at the bottom-right.because you can then go all the
          way to the top-left without having to be so careful.

          Lotta
        • LB
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 7, 2008
            It's so easy !!!!!!

            This will save me tons of time.
            Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

            Re: Question on column

            Posted by: "loro"
            loro-spam01-@...

            yastupidhoo

            Mon Oct 6, 2008 6:23 pm (PDT)

          • loro
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 7, 2008
              LB wrote:
              >It's so easy !!!!!!
              >
              >This will save me tons of time.
              >Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

              Told you it was easy! Don't forget about the option to manually enter
              the coordinates. That IS easier with long and narrow columns in the
              middle of text.

              You are welcome. :-)
              Lotta
            • Don Daugherty
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 4, 2008
                LB wrote:
                > Oh, just thought of another question!!
                > If get a lot of files in the tabs, is there any way to quickly get over to a file at
                > the first tab? Then back to the last tab?
                >
                > I get back to the last tab by clicking New, then close the new file, but haven't found
                > any way to get to the beginning tab.
                I didn't see any replies to your "another question" so I'll suggest this:

                When you have multiple file-tabs you can go forward to the next file-tab
                by pressing Ctrl+Tab
                or backward to the previous file-tab by pressing Shift+Ctrl+Tab.
                AND, this process wraps-around.
                Hence, when you are on the first-file-tab, Shift+Ctrl+Tab takes you
                directly "backward" to the last-file-tab, and
                when you are on the last-file-tab, Ctrl+Tab takes you directly "forward"
                to the first-file-tab.

                See if this does what you wanted.