[NTB] Re: How to save a Unicode file with Note Tab

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 22, 2008
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Han Dinh <dinh.han@...> wrote:

      > Hi Sheri
      >
      > Yes, you described the problem EXACTLY as it happenned to me.  In my
      case, however, the characters are Vietnamse.

      > I have an old computer with Window Me in my basement.   I typically
      have the file converted to Unicode on my new computer with XP, then
      bring that file and edit /save on my old computer . That is the only
      way that I found working so far.

      > The reason I brought this up is I am tired of running between the 2
      computers to edit/save the Unicode files.  And I am worried that my
      old computer with Me may crash and die any time soon and then I will
      loose that capability of editing and saving the Unicode files.

      > Thank you
      >
      > Han

      Very odd. Is it the same version of NoteTab running on both computers?

      I use PSPad to supplement NoteTab, you might want to try it. PSPad
      doesn't convert my test file to ANSI when saving. I can see the HTML
      but not the Chinese characters while it is showing in the PSPad editor
      window. But all displays properly in the browser window before and
      after saving in PSPad.

      Regards,
      Sheri
    • Han Dinh
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 24, 2008
        Hi Sheri

        Yes, I agree it is very odd. I thought the 2 computers may have different version of NoteTab as you suggested but that was not the case.
        Anyhow, I downloaded PSPad and found no problem with editing and saving the Unicode files as you said. Thank you very much.

        Han