1st Anniversary of ntb-linux Group

  • lm_hamilton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2008
      Today marks the first anniversary of the ntb-linux group on Yahoo!

      If you have heard about Linux, and want to give up Windows, but do not
      want to give up NoteTab, we are using Wine from www.winehq.org to run
      NoteTab.

      All variations of NoteTab 5.7, Light, Standard, Pro, and Standard and
      Pro Trial, run well on Linux using Wine 1.0.0. There are a few quirks
      that we are waiting for the Wine developers to resolve, but many of us
      are able to use NoteTab everyday in Linux.

      We also discuss other Fookes software.

      The discussion is not limited to Wine, we also have users that have
      tried virtualization programs, such as Qemu, Virtual Box, etc. These
      programs require a licensed copy of Windows that runs in a special
      environment in Linux.

      We're not limited to Linux. Any Unix-like OS, like Mac OS X, or even
      other operating systems that can use Wine or virtualization to run
      NoteTab.

      The key is NoteTab that is not run on Windows.

      Come join us to learn more!

      Thanks to Eric for a great product, and all the members of ntb-linux
      for a great, but all-too short first year!

      Post message: ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: ntb-linux-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Larry Hamilton