colour question

  • inesmannhardt
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
      I have been trying to change text colour without success. I am trying
      to write instructions for a new template and want my instructions to be
      in a different colour. Tried the help feature in version 4.9 and the
      trial version of 5.7.
      Can somebody help?
      Thanks, Ines
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
        Hi Ines,

        On 01 Sep 08 21:44 "inesmannhardt" <Ines.Mannhardt@...> said:
        > I have been trying to change text colour without success. I am
        > trying to write instructions for a new template and want my
        > instructions to be in a different colour. Tried the help feature in
        > version 4.9 and the trial version of 5.7.

        NoteTab is a text editor. Its job is editing text, not presenting
        text in a particular way. You need a word processor or DTP program for
        that.

        The best you can do is make the text bigger/smaller and change the
        font - but that is only for the entire document. These facilities are
        mainly there to help those with poor eye sight to see what they are
        editing - not for making it look good on paper.

        Greg
      • loro
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2008
          Ines wrote:
          >I have been trying to change text colour without success. I am trying
          >to write instructions for a new template and want my instructions to be
          >in a different colour.

          There is a way around the lack of formatting if you aren't too picky.
          Add the file type of the document you are editing to the list of
          extension on the HTML Files tab in Options. Then Notetab will apply
          HTML highlighting to it. If you don't want to turn this on for all
          files of a certain type, type you can invent your own file type
          instead and add that too the list, for example .ines.

          Then make your instructions look either like HTML tags or HTML comments.
          <like this>
          <!--or like this-->
          The two lines above will have different colors. You can choose the
          colors yourself on the Colors tab in Options.

          Hope this works for you.
          Lotta