Hangs when trying to view large text file

  • jfire7887
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2008
      Trying to view text file that is 464MB. I thought the limit was 2GB.
      But it hangs, and after about 10 minutes, I give up ("End Now"). Do I
      need to wait longer, or is there something else at work here?
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2008
        Hi
        Can you divide this file into smaller pieces ,you will be waiting a long
        time to do anything with it no matter what you do it is to big.
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 16, 2008
          I was able to get it to open in an instant using Large Text File
          Viewer 5.0 (http://www.swiftgear.com/ltfviewer/features.html). I
          don't think LTFviewer allows editing, but I only wanted to see the
          contents so I'd know whether I could delete the file. (It was an
          old update log from an older version of Trend Micro PC-cillin.)
          Thanks anyway for the reply!