Anyway to bypass the internal release update?

  • haydn1947
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 10:20 AM
      I have been trying all day to get NoteTab Pro updated to 5.7b. Once in
      awhile it might get to 8% or 9% before it craps out. The download
      does not resume where it left off. I have to start it all over
      again. I don't know why NoteTab Pro has such difficulty downloading
      its update, but if it can't handle it, the job can be performed be any
      number of download managers which also provided a pause/restart
      capability.
    • lm_hamilton
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2 7:45 AM
        I know that the update process was introduced several years ago to
        simplify releasing updates, and eliminate the need for update emails.

        If you are having a problem, you can contact the NoteTab support email
        address with your license information, and they might give you a link,
        or help determine why the file is not completing the download.

        By default the download goes to the temp directory. I would make sure
        the whatever directory you used, if you told it otherwise, does not
        have a problem, i.e. low disk space on that drive, a permissions
        issue, virus, spyware, etc.

        Do you have a download manager installed? Perhaps it is somehow trying
        to control the download. Try disabling any dowload manager(s) you have.

        Are you using a dial-up connection? That can be an issue.

        Have you tried clearing the temp directory? Something like ccleaner
        would come in handy here. This is most likely it, now that I work my
        way through all the solutions I can think of. Perhaps the remnants of
        the failed download are interfering, clear the temp files. A reboot
        after that can also help.

        If none of the above works, contact support, the email is in the help
        file.

        Larry Hamilton