Re: [NTB] Opening NoteTab Pro to a new empty document

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 24, 2008
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

      > Sheri wrote:
      > > Hi Harvey, Margaret,
      > >
      > > Just FYI, NoteTab will not run a startup clip unless it opens in
      > > a state that supports clip launching from the clipbook (i.e., a
      > > writeable document). For example if you were last editing the
      > > [Clips] doc, NoteTab will not run a startup clip. Therefore it is
      > > best to also specify a document (or template) when using /L on
      > > the command line.

      > I'm afraid I don't understand exactly what you're saying above.
      > What condition would prevent NoteTab from running a clip upon
      > initial startup using the command-line parameter /L=, as in this
      > example? C:\Fookes\Ntp\NotePro.exe /L="+huh:newdoc@startup" Also,
      > what is [Clips] doc?

      "[Clips]" is the name that appears on the document tab when using
      clip-edit. If you try to launch a clip from the clipbook while [Clips]
      is active you get the error popup:

      "Clip cannot be run while [Clip] editor is active"

      If [Clips] was the last previous document when restarting NoteTab
      without specifying a startup document name (and the option "Reload
      Open Documents" is enabled), the startup clip simply doesn't run (no
      message).

      Is it any different for you? I am not familiar with using + or @
      symbols in the /L= argument. I don't see that in Help.

      Regards,
      Sheri