Re: Bob has a virus

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2008
      cc: Notetab group
      Bob:
      I read that thread with interest - it sounds like GMail is aware of the
      problem and is providing a Google spreadsheet based contact form Spam
      Messages Sent to Contacts
      <https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=p_fGoeXooSQ4WNjqvmStpMw&email=true>

      Have you used that link to report the problem? (Sounds like you won't
      get feedback from them but *presumably* they are working hard to
      eliminate the problem)

      It sounds like you are still getting email from the group?
      Understandably, Julie blocked your account - at least until this gets
      resolved. Maybe your easiest approach would be to just set up a new
      Gmail account and change your Yahoo-groups to send (and accept) mail
      from the new account if you wish to post to Notetab.

      You probably know this already but you can have all the email to the new
      account auto-forwarded to your "real" gmail account and (if you wish) in
      turn auto-forwarded to a POP3 account for reading in a local client (eg
      Thunderbird). That's what I do and it works very well.

      When/if(?) you get it resolved pls post back, if only for the peace of
      mind of the rest of us (myself included).

      --
      Regards ... Alec (buralex@gmail)