Auto-Text/Auto-Complete Scripts Not Working In Vista

  • acantley5
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2008
      Recently started using NTab with Vista and my MacroToolworks auto-text
      scripts no longer work in NTab (ver 5.61 Std). Direct Access and Auto
      Text (similar software) also don't work. They work OK in
      Firefox, MSWord, Atlantis (also is tabbed), etc. Any
      thoughts/suggestions? Thanks.

      Blessings,
      Al Cantley
    • Art Kocsis
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
        At 6/30/2008 12:27 PM, you wrote:
        >Recently started using NTab with Vista and my MacroToolworks auto-text
        >scripts no longer work in NTab (ver 5.61 Std). Direct Access and Auto
        >Text (similar software) also don't work. They work OK in
        >Firefox, MSWord, Atlantis (also is tabbed), etc. Any
        >thoughts/suggestions? Thanks.

        Yes. Get rid of Vista!!
      • acantley5
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
          Duh! Figured it out; was running NTab as Administrator - changed this
          and all OK...

          Al

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "acantley5" <acantley@...> wrote:

          > Recently started using NTab with Vista and my MacroToolworks auto-text
          > scripts no longer work in NTab (ver 5.61 Std). Direct Access and Auto
          > Text (similar software) also don't work. They work OK in
          > Firefox, MSWord, Atlantis (also is tabbed), etc. Any
          > thoughts/suggestions? Thanks.
          >
          > Blessings,
          > Al Cantley

        • Jim
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
            My experience is different- been running Vista since last Fall, it was
            pre-installed on 2 new machines. Pickup 'Windows Vista Secrets' and
            read the first couple of chapters. Vista is so much faster at getting
            things done than any previous version of Windows, especially for those
            of us who are keyboard oriented.