Re: [NTB] Can a NoteTab Clip Do This??

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 26, 2008
      cc'd to ntb-offtopic@... (discussion if-any should probably be there)

      LaurieK (ladyck3@...) wrote (in part) (on 08-06-26 at 19:45):
      > I'm not a Firefox user, I have it installed but all of my business tools are
      > IE oriented and my online access is not happy at all with Firefox..

      Just curious ... what "business tools" do you have that are "IE oriented"?
      I assume you mostly mean msOffice? AFAICT, Microsoft programs are pretty
      good these days about honoring the designation of Firefox as the
      "default" browser. As well, almost all sites I've run into lately
      display as well (or better) in Firefox. There are two extensions
      (add-ons is the term used now) available, one opens a page inside of
      Firefox but using IE engine, another opens the current page in IE.

      Recently released Firefox 3 (I use the portable version even though I
      have it on my hard-disk) is very stable and faster than IE. Judicious
      addition of add-ons can make it a joy to use. Obviously if you only want
      to use a browser to assist in your "real" job this may not worth the
      (IMHO) minor pain to get up and running and comfortable with Firefox ;-)
      > I will take a look at the plugins however and will also seek coscripter to
      > see if is something that *I* can handle J
      I didn't mention, but CoScriptor does work on both IE and Firefox. To
      download it you have to create an IBM-id but after that it should be
      pretty smooth (though you would need to invest a a couple of hours
      learning how to do the equivalent of a "hello world" program before
      tackling your real task).

      --
      Regards ... Alec (buralex@gmail)