Reimplementing "Support Files Location"

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2008
      Eric,

      While you are in an answering mode, is there a compelling reason you
      removed the "Support Files Location" from the Advanced options? The
      "/USER=" workaround works - somewhat - but is a real PIA. I operate in
      single user mode and had set up a common support directory for NTB
      and NTP v4.95 that worked quite nicely. I have many links and apps
      calling Notetab on my system and I don't remember where they all are
      so every once in a while I will pop back into multiuser mode and lose
      my libraries and other stuff. Also, the "/USER=" workaround does not
      seem to work for spelling dictionaries.

      I like to keep all my Notetab directories near each other and not scattered
      across the various application and operating system disks and avoid using
      "Docs & Settings" if at all possible. Could you please re-implement the
      "Support File Option"?

      And while you're at it, it would be REAL NICE if you could implement
      an option to redirect the "Favorites" files. It would also be nice to have
      a common INI file. I have spent a lot of time tweaking my toolbar and
      shortcut menus [very nice features BTW], and have to edit the INI files
      every so often to get them back in synch. For those of us that run
      multiple versions of Notetab it would make keeping the various support
      files in synch much easier.

      Thanks for a great program.