Auto replace mode not working correctly

  • Daniel Prince
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 12, 2008
      I am trying to move NoteTab Standard 4.85 to a new computer. Auto
      replace mode works correctly on the old computer but not on the new
      one. For example I have NTS set up to replace " i " with " I ". On
      the new computer " i " is replaced with "<I></I>". How can I fix
      this? Thank you in advance for all replies.
      --
      Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
      grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 14, 2008
        Hi Daniel,

        Some of my suggestions may not apply, as I'm not familiar with NT Std
        differences from Pro. However, clips are clips, and autoreplace is
        auto-replace.

        Sounds to me like you have a different auto-replace library in the new
        version. If the library name is the same as in your old Notetab,
        perhaps you want to copy the old one OVER the new one.

        BACK-UP the new first (rename it to NEW..., or something).

        If the library names are not the same, that would identify the
        problem. Check if the new installation has a library of the same name
        as the old instalation you were using. If not, copy the old to the new
        installation's libraries folder.

        GL

        Eb

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 16, 2008
          On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 20:54:25 -0700, you wrote:

          >I am trying to move NoteTab Standard 4.85 to a new computer. Auto
          >replace mode works correctly on the old computer but not on the new
          >one. For example I have NTS set up to replace " i " with " I ". On
          >the new computer " i " is replaced with "<I></I>". How can I fix
          >this? Thank you in advance for all replies.

          I figured it out. I needed to copy the AutoCorrect.clb file from
          the old computer to the new one.
          --
          I don't understand why they make gourmet cat foods. I have
          known many cats in my life and none of them were gourmets.
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 17, 2008
            Daniel Prince wrote:

            > --
            > I don't understand why they make gourmet cat foods. I have
            > known many cats in my life and none of them were gourmets.
            > They were all gourmands!

            and demanding ones at that.
          • David Smart
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 17, 2008
              Hmm ...

              My cats recognise the different sound that their little gourmet cat food
              tins make to the sound of their normal cat food, and just about knock us
              over in the rush.

              In addition, one of the cats knows when it's shopping day, and carefully
              inspects the bags until he finds the ones with the little tins in it, then
              sits with them "to keep them safe".

              Regards, Dave S