Re: [NTB] Really basic question....

  • buralex@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 7, 2008
      "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> said on Jun 06, 2008 7:19
      -0400 (in part):
      > It makes my top twenty tricks in notetab. Now I wish that you could
      > toggle regex on and off. You have to uncheck or check regex, close the
      > find dialog and reopen it to get the content of the find box to be in
      > regex or not regex format.
      Don: Is this your situation? You've selected some text and keyed
      Ctrl+R. Because [x]-Regular Exp. was ticked it gets converted to regex
      syntax (eg. all dots are prefixed with back-slash). Now you want to get
      the same text in the Find what: field but w/o the auto-translate effect?

      Untick [x] Regular Exp, move mouse out of Replace dialog so focus is
      shifted to main-edit window and issue Ctrl+R again. Same (still selected
      text) replace the current text with whatever is selected at the point
      you issue the Ctrl+R.

      Note: this works best with the TweakUI-Mouse-X-Mouse [x]-Activation
      follows mouse (X-Mouse) on (I use an activation delay (ms)=1500).
      Caution: don't use Autoraise except perhaps for experimentation. I've
      never found a workable way to use that option (and I tried) - YMMV.

      Without the X-Mouse option you will have to click in main edit window
      and re-select desired text but still no need to actually close the
      Replace dialog (AFAICT).

      Also: if you Cntrl+C (copy) before Ctrl+R (replace) if it is already in
      regexp mode, you have the "native" text available in the clipboard to
      paste in the replace window if you realize that the translation it's
      done was not what you wanted.

      Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 7, 2008
        "terencefrancisedwards" <tfed@...> said on Jun 05, 2008
        13:33 -0400 (in part):
        > Great help folks! Many thanks - it's got me started, which is exactly
        > what I wanted.
        >
        > I just wonder how many other simple jobs I could have done in a
        > fraction of the time - if I'd found the program earlier & learned some
        > of the basics??!!
        And if I'd invested in Microsoft when I first head of them in the early
        '80's I'd be living in on my own island in the Caribbean 8-)

        Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail